View Single Post
Old 2004-04-26, 07:30 AM   #1
romeoboi
Lord help me, I'm just not that bright

Send a message via ICQ to romeoboi
GIM and ARS get back in bed together

Just reading through the CHAMPS section of the ARSRI message board and found this thread:
http://stats.arsri.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1052

and this was posted by a GIM rep:
"Well I really like the CHAMPS idea and would like to participate.

So in the next few weeks expect to see some classic GIM site names reborn as CHAMPS sites

First to be released will be Adult Movie Station. Our designers are already on it now.

We also plan to build some nice exclusive content sites.

I can't promise we will bring them all back but some of biggest ones for sure."

JohnV from ARS posted this:
"Dave and the rest of the crew at GIM, that sounds like great news. Bring back Teen Dreamer, All Petite and some of the other best sellers."

I have to say a I'm a little confused. Weren't most of the paysites in ARS' old portfolio from GIM and subsequently dropped from ARS because they didn't perform well

Maybe I don't understand the companies' relationship, but I thought they stopped the old GIM sites because they didn't convert and/or retain well. Why are they getting into the CHAMPS game now? Why didnt ARS and GIM just re-design the sites in the old portfolio with the new CHAMPS concept/pricing instead of taking them down and sending everyone's traffic to FMAO?

I'm not neccessarily mad, but confused. As a new CHAMPS webmaster who has a tour up, I'm excited about the new program and am hopeful it will get through its growing pains to become a viable program.

However, I'm concerned GIM will get back in the CHAMPS system and dominate it. Whats to stop ARS and the GIM relationship from desolving again?

Maybe someone from ARS can explain a little further about how the old relationship worked and how the new one will. I'm also curious to see everyone who is more experienced and/or does this full time has to say....

any opinions?
romeoboi is offline   Reply With Quote