View Single Post
Old 2006-07-19, 10:33 PM   #16
lassiter
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Send a message via ICQ to lassiter Send a message via Yahoo to lassiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrom
Oh nice one lassiter. I had no idea that the community coders had carried on the mozilla project, after Moz dropped it for firefox. Do you know if SeaMonkey has the ability to intergrate the email db if I wanted to port if from Moz to SM?

Being a creature of habit, I'd love to setup SM, but porting stuff is something that seems like a bit of a headache to me.

-N
I just sent it to my default Mozilla profile during setup and it grabbed everything quite nicely. I've heard tales that some folks didn't find it that seamless but it worked fine for me. I had a momentary panic when I realized somethings weren't working but all my problems were traceable to needing to re-install some extensions, which also worked fast and effortlessly.

There are still some rough spots compared to Mozilla - an intermittent, minor mail window bug (which is mentioned in the "known issues" file) and the relatively weak junk mail filter (which isn't mentioned) - but I too am very happy that the suite will continue, under whatever name.
lassiter is offline   Reply With Quote