View Single Post
Old 2018-02-03, 10:39 AM   #3
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior View Post
I am considering continuing to use WP as the CMS for my paysite tour for adding and editing data and images, but creating my own external template so I can have more control over where and how things appear.
I have already given up on that because WP is a cocksucker. If you want to pull the posts form the database with basic PHP, you end up with all of the post revisions as well. I couldn't find any way to filter that shit-show so I'd get only the most recent revision, so, well, fuck it.

After installing and removing several CMSeseseseses (that's the correct plural), I have settled on Couch CMS. It's a bit of a ballbuster at first, but you design your templates exactly as you want them and place snippets of code in them where you want the data and images to appear. The admin adjusts magically to each template. If you want three separate editable text areas on a template, the admin will create three different text editors. If you want seven images with different thumbs sizes, the image uploader will appear seven times and will create the thumbs of the sizes requested within the template. Neat, eh? So far, I have created a "model" template. I can choose any existing model's page or the blank template and click "add another," and the admin will open a blank new model page. Good times.