View Single Post
Old 2018-02-06, 08:06 PM   #6
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwilliams View Post
Sounds interesting. I will have to take a look at it. In a world of WP, Joomla and Drupal its nice to have a change of pace.
I have launched the new Couch CMS tour and I'm pretty happy with it. There was a rather large learning curve with Couch because it is so different. It's not just a quick install for an instant website like so many other CMS's. However, it definitely has major bonuses once you get your head around it.

The one thing to know ahead of time is that your template name will become the name of the directory the pages using that template will appear to reside in. So, if your template is "template.php" and you use SEO friendly URLs, and you have a post named "Useless has a Big Dick," the resulting URL will be mysite.com/template/useless-has-a-big-dick.html. In other words, name your templates wisely. If you don't use the SEO friendly .htaccess thing (which Couch will generate for you), your URLs will be something like mysite.com/template.php?p=16.

It does provide some simple tricks for listing all of your posts on a particular page and the pagination is the easiest I have ever seen. You don't have know PHP to use Couch's tags. It's nice. Your templates are literally HTML pages with bits of Couch's tags slapped inside. If you ever played with Smarty templates, it's a similar idea, but simpler.

http://docs.couchcms.com/concepts.html