Thread: Thursday May 22
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-23, 04:19 AM   #13
ecchi
Banned

Election day here today. Two elections in one. Firstly we had to vote in our local council elections, they we had to vote for our European Parliament representatives. At the moment we have such a shitty selection that I did not decide on who to vote for in my local council until about 2 or 3 hours before I actually voted. And I did not decide who to vote for in the European elections until I was actually standing in the booth with pen in hand!

And as an example of useless public organisation: The ballot papers are pre folded so that you just open them, put your cross on the paper, then refold them along the creases and pop them in the ballot box. This time we had some official standing next to the box telling us to fold the European one in half an extra time because the slot in the ballot box was too small for the damn thing!

Also, when I arrived to vote the official who was supposed to record my attendance and give me my ballot papers looked up and said "excuse me a minute." She then got up and left me standing there while she chatted to a friend she had seen in the queue!!! Talk about "taking your election responsibilities seriously"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyx View Post
Happy Birthday me
Happy Birthday you.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote