View Single Post
Old 2017-04-15, 03:37 PM   #6
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
In that context, I would go with limp. If you hurt your leg, you limp on it or favor it. Hobble is close too. Halter .. hmmm... a lead that you attach to a horse, a type of woman's top (straps up around the neck versus over the shoulder). I know there are others, but this is the most common. Limping or hobbling around will paint the picture you seek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyhumper View Post
Hi

My dog is bored, but it's on her. She got a minor injury while she was taking a bath and now she has that walk that suggests she has trouble. (Is halter the word? That's what translate says, but I thought the english word for "jumping around on one foot, sortof" was different.

Jlly
We went to Easter dinner about 50 miles away with the in-laws. Nice meal, but crowded. Finnish weather can be so unpredictable this time of year. Snow one minute, sunshine the next, cold wind and cloudy after that. Rinse, lather, repeat in any order. Nice and brisk today. Spring is out there somewhere. We already changed the tires on our car to the summer ones, too. We made a stop at the cemetery where my husband's grandparents are buried to place flowers on their grave (A very important part of every holiday here).

The sad part of the holiday.. Finland used to have government mandated holidays where all shops but the tiny ones were closed. Banks and big stores closed, government offices (duh!), and the transportation people ran on Sunday schedules.

This worked nicely for this small country. People work hard here and having those days off meant they could spend time with family. Normally, everything here would be closed from the morning of Good Friday until Tuesday morning - a nice 4 day weekend. But, a small vocal group of mainly immigrants didn't like it and kept after their reps to change it. And change it they did in January 2016. Now the stores are free to set their own hours. They were open Christmas Eve and even Christmas Day. Most stores are also open every day this weekend. Of course, management isn't there - just the lower paid retail clerks... read women (mainly), lower paid, with families. The stores were not crowded at all - just the restaurant which didn't fall under those rules ever. I know times have to change, but this is one change I really don't like.