View Single Post
Old 2017-04-15, 04:06 PM   #7
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
Halter .. hmmm... a lead that you attach to a horse, a type of woman's top
I think my definition covers both of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
Finland used to have government mandated holidays where all shops but the tiny ones were closed. Banks and big stores closed, government offices (duh!), and the transportation people ran on Sunday schedules......Now the stores are free to set their own hours. They were open.
We have a similar system here, however it is not obligatory. Up until a few years ago most shops were closed Good Friday and Easter Monday. However not so now. Banks and state close for four days, but most shops are open as normal. The reason here however is not "immigrants" but simple economic necessity. Internet shopping is really popular in Britain, bricks and mortar businesses need to be open all hours to scrounge back what custom they can. It is "open bank holidays, or more customers leave you for your online rivals". We have had so many big chain stores go bankrupt, many who have been around for over a hundred years, that no one dares close incase they are next.

Besides, Easter and Christmas are both religious holidays. I don't think atheists should be allowed those days off, and there are more atheists than Christians in Britain nowadays, so make the buggers work!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote