View Single Post
Old 2009-10-17, 09:35 AM   #9
ed_banger
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunc View Post
Is he copying your posts... or using your rss feed and changing the ref code in some way?

If hes using your rss feeds... I don't think this is stealing as that is sort of one of the things they are used for... think of all the sites which aggregate rss feeds which are around

You might have a case with him changing the ref code... but rss feeds are there to be shared (aren't they?).
RSS feeds are there for READERS to subscribe to so they can read and follow blogs they like in a browser/reader of their choice.

With paysites and sponsors providing RSS feeds for splog builders, that is just teaching the splog builders "hey, I can make my own splogs using other peoples RSS feeds!" And with RSS feed plugins to automate blogging, with "find/replace" features, it only makes sense that the sploggers are going to start ripping real bloggers handwritten blogs.

If I make splogs by leeching rss feeds from real bloggers, then there will only be 2 websites with duplicate content, instead of hundreds of sites using the sponsors stale RSS feed.

This is why I turn RSS off on my build and forget blogs.

Adult bloggers wanted
ed_banger is offline   Reply With Quote