View Single Post
Old 2014-09-06, 03:50 PM   #14
RedCherry
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Send a message via ICQ to RedCherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRobert View Post
Keep your spirits up Red Cherry. Cancer is always scary but luckily for you this one has a high survival rate. My wife had this 14 yrs ago and she will probably out live me plus treatments are even better today.

Like the first radioactive treatment she had to be quarantined for 48 hrs. Man in a hazmat suit head to toe hands her a glass with tongs and says drink this. She still says that was the scariest part of it and is still a little upset that it did not give her x-ray vision!
That would be scary seeing a guy dressed like that handing you something to drink.

Your wife had the same type of thyroid cancer? Wow, I have run into so many people that have had it now that I'm talking about it. A nurse I work with had it 3 years ago, went to the same surgeon and same endo that I am going to.

Monday I get to go back to my surgeon and have a scope down my throat to look for any evidence of spreading. Oh goodie. I'm really getting sick of going to doctors, I've seen more in the last 2 months then the last 5 years.
RedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote