View Single Post
Old 2014-09-13, 09:12 AM   #21
RedCherry
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Send a message via ICQ to RedCherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRobert View Post
Ya, she had her thyroid and a couple nodes removed. When doing a bit of research there are some links going back to when you are born. There was a period of time when some hospitals across the country would radiate milk, or something else, given to babies because they believe it helped fight off something. For those born in these hospitals there is a much higher percentages of adults having this type of cancer. My memory is real foggy, it's been a while, but you could look into it for more info if ya like.
Wow I will have to look into that! If you have any links, I'd love them. I am 53, my brother who just found out his nodule was cancerous is 58. So now with my son, myself, and my brother, we have the 3 major types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRobert View Post
If they are still doing the smile cut below the neck then this info might help. Make sure you keep the scar covered up after bandages come off. Use vitamin E and always apply sun screen even when covered up. My wife's scar is barely noticeable
They gave me post-op instructions and said "you can't get out in the sun for a year" I was like wtf? I thought they meant my whole body.

He also said to get this special neutrogena hypo-allergenic lotion that had spf in it to use on it. I plan on keeping it covered up. I just hope I don't form a lot of scar tissue, I had issues with that with a cyst I had removed in my neck, and it is really ridged up.

The gal I work with that was operated on by the same surgeon, you can barely see her scar, I'm hoping I end up like that too. I know they are gluing the incision shut, and not using stitches or staples, so no railroad tracks.

I rarely get out in the sun now, I'm so frackin pale, lol. Working too many hours indoors.

Last edited by RedCherry; 2014-09-13 at 09:18 AM..
RedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote