View Single Post
Old 2005-01-19, 03:44 AM   #11
Southfun
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

Send a message via ICQ to Southfun
Hi Dr Bizzaro,

if you want to be in charge of which sponsor(s) to use for your international traffic, without changing anything in your html pages, then you are welcome to beta test our Apache geo-ip module. You will of cource receive a full licence for free.

Some features :
1 ) Easy configuration for all domains within the same server. I.e define that all index.html pages should be checked for foreign traffic. Just 1 line in your httpd.conf and you have configured all domains on that server.

2 ) Redirect any country not to just one but mutliple sponsors and find out which sponsor converts best, i.e this line : "HR sponsorGroup1, sponsorGroup2, sponsorGroup3" , will result that first hit from Croatia will be send to sponsorGroup1, second to sponsorGroup2 etc. Within the "sponsorGroup1" grouping you can have multiple sponsor URL's, that will be used to redirect the user ( one URL after the other or pick a random URL, you configure that per grouping ).

3 ) The country detection is IP based and no database is needed. The geo db is in binary format ( text file ) and the lookup speed is 800000 lookups per second on a 1.3 Ghz CPU

Server requirements : Apache 1.3, Linux OS, 500 Kb memory and root access to install the module.

I don't wish this to be considered as spam, so I am not posting the site url or product name. The module is bug free and I will be asking people to beta test it in a few weeks ( when I am done with the site ), just thought we could help each other in the meantime

Feel free to PM / email / ICQ me if you are interested or want to know a bit more.

Thomas
Southfun is offline   Reply With Quote