View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 03:39 AM   #1
ecchi
Banned

Smile Strangest morning ever!

Two points to note before reading this:

1. I am in England, so although for most of you it is now late at night, for me it is already tomorrow morning.

2. Last night I tried an imported Scandi-Wegan meal. Herrings in a yogurt sauce. When I opened it was basically a big tub of yogurt, flavoured with herbs and containing two herrings. So basically, for my evening meal last night I had fish yogurt! That may have been what caused the following:

Yesterday morning I had needed to get up ridiculously early, and by mistake last night I only re-set my radio alarm, I forgot to reset the alarm on my 'phone. So I was awoken in what I would still describe as "the middle of the night". I spent about an hour hitting "snooze", getting a few more minutes sleep, then being re-awakened. Eventually I decided this was ridiculous and got up.

Reaching for the 'phone to switch it off I discovered that the damn thing was re-booting, and I had to input a lot of data (what games I wanted loading etc). It was more complicated than I expected, so I asked a friend who was staying with me for help.

At that point the alarm went off and I woke up "again" to discover that all I have just mentioned was a dream, I had dreamt that I had woken up. However when I reached for the 'phone to switch it off I discovered it was indeed re-booting, and was on the same screen that I remembered from my dream. The only thing I could think of was that I woken up, started to work on the 'phone, then fallen asleep again. I went to ask my guest if I had actually gone and asked him for help, or if that was part of the dream. I found my friend washing his underwear in the toilet bowl and I accidentally urinated on it.

Then the alarm went off and I woke up yet again. I don't even have a house guest!

At last awake, I went to make coffee, and saw one of my kitchen appliances beginning to burn out, so I switched it off at the mains. As soon as I did this a second one burnt out. Switching that off caused a table lamp to burn out. Reaching for that I knocked everything over and they badly burnt a desk I particularly like (my father made it for me when I was a teenager, and I have been carrying it round with me every time I move). When I saw the damage I began to wish that this reality had been the dream.

Ever had a wish come true? I have now. The alarm went off and I "woke up" for the third time, the desk was fine, that too had been a dream. But by now I was mightily confused and deeply suspicious of reality.

I have now been up for over two hours. I have washed, dressed, had breakfast, taken the bins out, put some washing in the machine, and am on my third cup of coffee. But I am still afraid to open the curtains in case a werewolf jumps out and gets me!

Last edited by ecchi; 2013-03-27 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: Typo
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote