View Single Post
Old 2008-10-09, 11:41 AM   #3
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
Quote:
As someone that still uses tables what is the big deal about still using tables?
Well, tables were never designed to be used as they have been for years. I used them myself for a long time because there wasn't really another good way to do things. Still have plenty of sites using them. But I would never, ever, pay someone to build something for me if they wanted to use them.

The time has come to move on to better way to design things. Some of the table attributes have been deprecated since HTML 4.01 (align and bgcolor for example) and are not supported at all in the XHTML 1.0 Strict doctype. Plus there are ways to use CSS positioning that really helps with Search Engines since you can stick all the important content at the top of your source code where you may want it, and use CSS to make it appear wherever you want to the surfers.

If anyone wants to use tables in their own work it's sure no skin of my nose (or any sensitive other places) so let's say it's a personal preference of mine to want to use designers who stay at the cutting edge of their profession and therefore are very comfortable using XHTML and CSS to create their sites and pages.

Also, that's what we've been discussing in chat. No one wants to pay for old-style table designs per our conversations there.

No more tables for layout

Why Tables Are Bad For Layout

Last edited by Simon; 2008-10-09 at 11:48 AM..
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote