View Single Post
Old 2004-08-04, 12:08 PM   #93
lassiter
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Send a message via ICQ to lassiter Send a message via Yahoo to lassiter
Quote:
Originally posted by RawAlex
When it comes to things like banners and such, you start getting into the legal "never never land" of "paid promotional space", and are you in fact a publisher of the banner or are you merely using provided promotional materials in return for payment?
That's why I'm gradually swapping out my hardcore banners for soft, even though it means possibly switching out some of the sites I promote as well. I doubt there are going to be any model releases forthcoming for the people appearing in those banners.

Quote:
I think that single model programs (like lightspeed, example) might be VERY hesitant to let their models real names and info loose on the net. The personal security issues and rights to privacy far outweigh the 2257 records requirements. So far I have not seen or heard about any of the great legal minds looking at it from the privacy side of things. I am sure someone has, just haven't seen it yet.
Yes indeed - it will be interesting to see how major sponsors end up playing this.
I presume many of them are waiting to see what the final language of 2257 looks like after the comment period ends before deciding on a policy/strategy. Of course, that means affiliates won't have any lead time at all. As usual. |pissed|
lassiter is offline   Reply With Quote