View Single Post
Old 2007-10-11, 03:50 PM   #1700
Jab
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

Send a message via ICQ to Jab
Quote:
Q1 - if a reveiwer does not like you content there then there is nothing you can do - its hardlines
Of course - the point is I do not know whether he likes it or not. Do they let you know?

Quote:
You asked if its worth subing to Link O Rama - look around
I know it's a popular site. That doesn't necessarily mean it's worth the effort (redesign, rebuild, resubmit just to find it rejected again 99% of the time). But I gather it is.

Maybe I just had a streak of bad luck. Coincidental connection issues followed by some grammar mistake and by that time the template is starting to look mighty familiar to the reviewer

I am thinking that if the market is so saturated and link-o-rama.com is that popular, maybe holding onto the free submission model isn't the best idea. I can definitely say Greenie is often missing out on some excellent content due to often minute mistakes that can be easily fixed. But hey, it's free, so why bother Greenie with it - we should be glad he's even considering including it on his site.

Thing is, I'd much rather pay for an account that offers more detailed rejection reasons. Something like "That sentence sounds funny to an American - pls rephrase it and the freesite should be fine". Or "connection issues: that recip on gallery X isn't loading".

On can hardly ask for that level of detail in a free submission model.