Thread: Dr Who
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-24, 09:54 AM   #8
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc View Post
Dr Who is like whole other world with almost 1k of episodes.
Yeah, you don't have to watch all 50 years worth of the show though. You could watch just one episode to see if you like it (about 10% of the episodes are 2 part stories, the rest are single story episodes). Although I would not have recommended last night's episode to a newbie, as it did hark back to previous plot threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc View Post
I work two jobs, don't have enough extra time for watching anything longer than 1 episode.
Shit that is depressing. Even if you never watch Dr Who you need to spend more time not working.

At the risk of sounding like an old movie: About a year ago I got a double whammy from the doctors. Two different problems, but from the same underlying problem. The first doctor tells me that one of my eyeballs is on it's last legs, and the other is only slightly better. Nothing they can do. Unless there is a new breakthrough in medical science, I'll be totally blind in a few years. Another doctor told me shortly after that bombshell that I may not need to worry about going blind. This is because in 2 to 5 years I'll need an operation that may not work, and may not be possible. If I don't get that operation (and there is a good chance they won't have the "spare parts" they need) I'll die.

You have no idea how pissed off I am that I've spent most of my life working long hours so that I can have a good retirement!

Last edited by ecchi; 2013-11-24 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: English language screw up that I thought I'd better correct before G. saw it and got all patronising again!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote