View Single Post
Old 2017-02-22, 05:29 PM   #7
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
We have Lidl here in Finland too. We stay away from it
I have no choice. Finances at the moment force me to buy from the cheapest, and over here for most things (but not all) that is Lidl. Although in their defense, I will say that I actually prefer their baked beans and instant coffee to any other brand, plus back when I was allowed peanuts they did a battered peanut that was to die for (sadly kidney problems are so bad at the moment that I am not allowed peanuts until potassium and phosphate levels in my blood drop).

Also, in a test by some foodie magazine, their free range chicken came second in a taste test of all major chicken retailers. (But avoid their cheapest non-free range chicken, I tried it once while looking after a friend's dogs and it was so horrible I gave it to the dogs - and the dogs refused it. You have got to go along way down the path of horrible before dogs will say to you "Naah, you're alright mate, I'll think I'll skip dinner tonight.")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
You got Lidl's over there too huh?
Wow, Germany, England, Finland and Belgium - those guys really are going for world domination. Probably not a good thing, remember the last time a German guy tried to take over all Europe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
Keep starting these threads ecchi, no doubt something good will come out of it, one day
Oh I doubt it, I so very doubt it.

ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote