View Single Post
Old 2021-04-19, 11:40 AM   #8
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
We get tired of it too, Ramster. Lockdown here has been in place more or less for the last 13 months now, and it isn't easing up yet. We are in our 3rd full wave of this stuff, with new variants all the time. At least our government supports the workers who are unable to go to work and the businesses that must shutter. They opened our restaurants again today on a limited basis. The caution they put out there is that younger people *are* dying with these new variants, so masks/distancing/handwashing are all still expected. Funny part is, even though we are fed up, we still respect the guidelines. And it is working. It isn't instant, but it is getting better again. We won't have our treasured summer music festivals again this year, but maybe next. Instead of my area being able to look forward to vaccinations for any group other than the over 70's, the vaccines will be diverted to the big cities. We are okay - we haven't had them available yet, so we aren't missing anything. Our stores have never really closed to anyone except for maybe a day to set up distancing (which is respected) and plexiglass shields for the workers. I would say that 99.5% of the people I see are masked. We want this over with, and maybe this fall it will be for us. At least for this round.