View Single Post
Old 2005-02-06, 12:41 AM   #3
Alphawolf
Don't come to Florida for vacation. We're closed.

I think you could post on Topbucks message board to ask for some very specific help.

Anyways, don't be discouraged because your ratio is not as good as GG's. He's been doing is *a lot* longer and has pure search engine traffic to use different sponsors as he pleases.

I think Dec/Jan is not the best time to start in this biz. People were wrapped up in holidays, traveling, buying presents, paying off credit card bills, etc...

Also, how much traffic are you sending to any single paysite? It's been stated that one shouldn't really judge how a paysite is doing until they send 10,000 unique vistirs to it.

I don't think that is really true for 'grunt' affiliates where the traffic sources stay the same. At least- I haven't noticed any difference between 2000 uniques and 10,000 uniques of Link List traffic.

Regardless, I think it may be a case of promoting many different paysites using a single free site?

Meaning, you aren't sending enough to any ONE paysite, but rather spread out the traffic on many paysites. That's purely a guess though.

An important thing IMO, what one person can sell well may not sell well for you.

It's about experimenting to find what niches YOU sell well. Don't go chasing what works for others as that will always be a moving target.

I'd suggest picking 1 niche and even 1 paysite and spend the next 5 days submitting 5 free sites for that 1 niche/paysite.

That will give you strongly focused traffic off many NEW free site listings which is when you'll get the bulk of your traffic.

You'll get a fairly OK idea whether you can sell that niche/paysite within 2-3 weeks.

It's important that you do not compare your ratio to greenguy's. It's good to want to get to that, but not realistic without your own traffic sources or enough time to have really learned what you tend to sell better.

It's important to get advice straight from your sponsors if you can.

Don't get too depressed as you are just starting out...

There's no magic sponsor or sites that will automatically sell for you, despite what Sponsors state in their webmaster area.

Have a good one.
Alphawolf is offline   Reply With Quote