View Single Post
Old 2016-03-15, 08:02 AM   #14
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRobert View Post
At the moment it was typed it looked that way.
True, but I note that once you were aware this was not the case you did not come back and post a correction!

By coincidence I posted information about what was happening a few hours after you posted, in a place where both you and Cleo visit. I later posted an edited version on the business board here. But neither of you could be arsed to come back to this thread and post a correction to your original post. So this "misinformation" sat here for about a month, until I happened upon this thread.

The ClitPass situation has been a royal pain to me. The main reason I wanted the site turned out to be something it did not supply. I was aware of this before we finalised the deal, but I still went ahead. There then followed a long saga which I am not going to post in detail (mostly because it would not be fair on PC, but partly because I don't know all the details), but it ended up with me having to do several days work, and spend money on additional bandwidth, to do the job that PC was supposed to do.

The final part of the job was something that only PC could do as it required knowledge of how he had customised the scripts. After several long delays, he found that he could not actually do this, so the site could not be transfered to me (and the files had also become corrupted).

PC did offer to compensate me for the time and money I had spent on the project, but it did not seem fair to me to take his money. So In the end he gave me the domain names, which are about to expire anyway.

I then tried to rebuild the site. Which was when I discovered that the files were corrupted. I am having to work from scratch, redesigning the HTML and writing new scripts to drive the damn thing. The site has nearly 200 pages to it, so the HTML alone is a bloody long job. I am using the WayBackMachine to make it look similar to the original site, the only changes I am making are to add static ad bar at the bottom of the pages, a drop down menu at the top of the pages, and a static "our Friends" list on the right. But because the original site drew from PHP pages and a database that I cannot use, I cannot just copy the original code from the WayBackMachine, I have to redo all those (nearly 200) pages by hand. Plus I am going to have to write new Perl scripts to drive the site.

I am struggling to fit all this work in, along with still doing enough work to pay the rent and struggling to sort out a move (the landlord wants me out so he can redevelop the building, and since I have already passed his deadline, he is getting impatient).

And while I struggle at this, I find you and Cleo are busy posting shit about ClitPass to make it harder for me to get the site up and running when I finally finish all this work!

No, I am not a happy bunny at the moment.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote