View Single Post
Old 2013-06-06, 03:49 AM   #7
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyhumper View Post
If I spam a newsgroup with the free content I have access to along with link and a keyword text, I can get a blog ranked higher?
That may be true, but it is not what I am saying. The post in question was an extract from one of Throat's eBooks that I market, and is really just an advert for the book. What I was saying was that it is an advert, and as the "advert" is high in Google's ranking it will get a lot of traffic, so is responsible for a lot of sales. IE both Throat an I make money from the spamming.

However your reply has set me thinking. I have an old TGP which has a PR of 2. Not very good, but most of the links are reciprocal and through a script, so it should have a PR of zero! I have often wondered why it has a PR2. Reading your post I remembered that when I started it, and again about a year ago when I gave it a boost, I tried to get a surge of traffic for the trades by doing mass newsgroup postings. It is probable that some of these stuck in "groups" sites and on newsgroup harvesting sites, and that is what is giving my TGP a PR of 2.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote