View Single Post
Old 2013-06-25, 06:50 AM   #13
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
But it seems most sponsors don't allow spam. Is this considered spam?
As a general (but probably not exclusive) rule, sponsors will not let you spam their sites directly, but turn a blind eye to you setting up your own blog/free site (with ads to their product) and spamming that. Also, most are only talking about email spam, and turn a blind eye to newsgroup spam. A1 (who handle payment for my eBooks) actually encourages newsgroup spam (which is probably why I originally thought to get my friend to spam the newsgroups as payment for the work I did for him). So you are OK if you use my sponsorship program - see sig (now that was spam ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyhumper View Post
It sounds risky though, but I am curious and might give it a try on one blog that can be canned if it goes wrong.
I have never had a site de-listed for it, and a few years ago I did it a lot. However if you are worried - one strategy I have heard others use is to set up a second site with links to your main sites, then spam post the shit out of that site. The theory is that if it works, the extra kudos that the second site gets will be in part passed on to those sites it links to. Also, some of the traffic that site gets will pass through the links to your main sites. However if the shit does hit the proverbial whirly thing, you can simply ditch your (otherwise unimportant) secondary site.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote