View Single Post
Old 2006-07-14, 11:10 AM   #73
juggernaut

Location: Central Jersey! If I was rich and powerful I would dress as my avatar does.
Send a message via Yahoo to juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I always used to laugh at the thought of pot being a gateway drug. I think they started saying that during the "Just Say No", Regan years. I was much younger then and always thought, how is it a gateway drug? It's just old people trying to scare kids.

But then, after thinking about it a bit and mostly teasing my wife...I really don't know anyone that smoked pot that has not tried something else. I don't have any idea what the link from pot to something else is, but it does seem to be there.
Have to agree here Jim. I have never done anything else then smoke weed. BUt I have had my chances to try coke, acid and herion. The only reason I never followed my friends into those crazy nights was everytime the stuff was offered I saw my bro flopping on the ground. If not for that I'm sure I would have tried it. One night I got my ass kicked from my own friends cause they were doing coke and I wanted to try. They knew the problems my family had gone through and they would be damed if I went down that road. Kind of strange when you think about it. 4 guys snorting and they won't let one try. Good friends? I like to think so, they have all cleaned up since then, but I don't know if it was were we lived or the weed that gatewayed them to try coke. Living as close to the beach it's like party central in the summer. But I do have one friend who never tried anything, not even smoking cigs. If you smoke around him he hits the roof. We tied him up one night and tossed him in a closet and blew smoke under the door. We ran like bats out of hell when he got out.