View Single Post
Old 2020-03-28, 10:18 AM   #8
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
It all depends on what you are planning on doing. You seem to have your domain names and hosting, which is great. Next would be to figure out what you are going to put on the domains.

Free sites (meaning an index page, menu page, and 1 to 3 gallery pages) are pretty much dead. I don't think I have seen one in at least 5 years, nor have I built any. Most that still build do galleries (10 to 16 pictures, some with 1 short video clip) and submit to either their own link lists/TGPs or to a network of others or both. It is impossible to build enough to keep the TGPs going totally on submits these days, so we do use sponsor-provided FHGs to help out. It is time consuming, and there are very few that still build. Sponsors have also cut back on what they offer in the way of FHGs because well, there are few that use them.

No trade secrets - just Basic Marketing 101A. Figure out what unique product you are marketing, how you will showcase it, and what your target group is. Once you know those answers, the rest will fall into place. Then you can move to BM101B - finding a sponsor(s) and creating your content. Actually marketing your product is in 101C. It isn't overnight, and it doesn't come without a lot of thankless work. Most just quit while they are ahead.

Last edited by Pagan; 2020-03-28 at 10:21 AM..
Pagan is offline   Reply With Quote