View Single Post
Old 2014-09-01, 04:12 PM   #17
Licker4U
Mean people suck, nice people swallow, are you mean or nice?

Send a message via ICQ to Licker4U Send a message via AIM to Licker4U
Quote:
Originally Posted by bDok View Post
That's awesome! I've been to southern Thailand and it really has ruined in a way a lot of spots. For what you get for you money there it's one of the best times I've ever had.

Did you feel completely safe in Dubai to do things? Is everything really expensive there or can you have a good time for decent amount of money?
Yes, completely safe. None of the terrorists mess with the Emerits. Not all that expensive either. Dinner out for two was usually around $20. We stayed at the Premier Inn, a Scottish chain I believe, for $40-70 a night depending on time of year. Seven story hotel, 6 years old, pool on the roof, free internet, sports bar, restaurant, a shuttle bus that would drop you off at one of two malls or a grocery store and had pick-ups during the day. The grocery store was a 10 minute walk so we got a ride there, got groceries, then walked back. Fridge in the room so we had breakfast and lunch there and went out for dinners. Hotel was 10 miles outside of the city so we didn't have a lot of traffic, which is what we wanted. Two nice Indian restaurants within walking distance and several other restaurants as well.