Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2005-08-02, 06:44 PM   #1
TaraTainton
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Putting a Price on Custom Content

Hello, all! I'm brand spankin' new to this forum, not so much to webmistressing, but I'm not in the running with you big dogs and your paysites (yet). |blowkiss|

I'm an author of erotica and have a fairly elaborate professional site for my writing because I do know a bit of programming/design unlike most authors. Of course, the govt. would lump my site in with all the rest of yours due to the adult content and even those pesky 18 USC 2257 rules apply to me! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the rest of you in regards to affiliates, content provision, and all the fun side of being brave enough to take on taboo topics.

What I need from your expertise at the moment is in regards to pricing original content for pay sites. Here's the scenario: I'm in the running for packaging together original, exclusive story content for a fetish oriented niche and membership-required site. Right now, I'm thinking along the lines of a 1200-word or so story contributed on a weekly basis along with a provocative pick of myself...possibly not too explicit though as even the photo would focus on this particular fetish.

What most of the erotic genre writing world can't tell me is what the going rate for content is on adult content paysites these days. What price should I be asking for providing weekly installments of custom written content, sold for the exclusive use of this site and paired with a new photo each week? Of course, I don't know what kind of money the site itself brings in, though it is in connection (along with a few others) with a major star, if not THE top star, in regards to this fetish/niche. Also, the site only currently contains limited pictures and video and just a couple reprinted articles written by this star for print magazines. This site is in the midst of expanding, wanting to stand out from other sites by providing original written content in addition to the typical pics & video, etc. In other words, involving myself as a professional writer (and real-life cute gal ) is providing a great and unique service to this site.

I've even tried looking at adult site content providers and most won't even divulge their pricing without an emailed inquiry. I'd greatly appreciate any input you can offer, and I'm really looking forward to this fun project. THANK YOU!!

www.TaraTainton.com, "The Hang-up Free Zone!"
TaraTainton is offline   Reply With Quote