Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > I'm Looking For.......
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2006-12-19, 02:46 PM   #1
KG Gary
I can now put whatever I want in this space

Looking for a host that can handle listings at The Hun - but not Colo-Cation!

Apologies if there's a post lurking somewhere offering exactly what I need - I searched quite a lot but couldn't find an answer.

I'm currently hosting with Colo-cation, who are an absolutely incredible company that I'm not planning on moving away from at all.
Trouble is, as a seperate project to my usual freesite building, I'm also having some nice success with listings at The Hun, and as I'm sure everyone knows it follows that my bandwidth-burning is rather large.
I have a 300GB/month package at Colo-cation, which is awesome and my sites are fast and robust, but those Hun listings are going to start costing me in overages if I don't find a seperate hosting package for Hun listings.
Any ideas on hosts that can handle being slammed now and then by The Hun? Or any other possible solutions to my rather splendid "problem"?
I'm currently looking at http://www.canaca.com/virtual.html (the silver package looks good),and http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting.html (the level 1 package looks great),but are these hosts going to give me fast sites that won't crash for that low priced bandwidth?
I just need bandwidth and speed without any fancy frills, solely to use for galleries submitted to The Hun.
Any help and advice is appreciated, as always.
KG Gary is offline   Reply With Quote