Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-06-26, 08:13 PM   #1
jacklynlick
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to jacklynlick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepGuy View Post
One of the reasons I love the Sex Pistols is because they signalled the end of the disco era. The Clash and a lot of talented bands followed after them and they brought the "edge" back into rock n' roll.
When punk turned to new wave and new wave began to lose it's edge, grunge came along and reminded people about the rebel nature rock needs once again.
To me Michael Jackson was a holdover from the disco era, and I only listened to radio stations that refused to play his music. I hated his music, and was glad when it faded away.

Sorry the dude died, but I'm more sorry about the 18 year old Iranian girl who was shot in the heart at the demonstration in Teheran. She stood up for something she believed in and was killed for it. That is a heartbreaker to me.
When rich famous celebrities die it is big news, so big that for a while people don't realize anything else is going on in the world. The guy had the best life money could buy, and pumped himself full of pain killers just to be able to tolerate it.
That is sort of sad, now that I think of it, but sort of stupid too.

And hey, if it takes people's minds off of the very real problems in the world and gets them out shopping and buying records like lemmings, well I guess they'll forget about wars, global warming, starvation, over population and such. That's what celebrities are for.

RIP

WOW! Well said, Sheepguy!
Jax
jacklynlick is offline   Reply With Quote