Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-09-11, 02:41 PM   #76
GonZo
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post
I agree it took guts (or more likely a yelling at from her boss) to apologise, but it does not alter the original situation. If I poked you in the eye with a sharp stick, then when you told everyone what I had done, I said "sorry" to you, would you be happy with me?
In all fairness...I doubt Bill yelled at Lisa. It was probably the other way around.
GonZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 03:30 PM   #77
Lisa
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa
There was no yelling involved, at all.

Just a realisation by me that I'd fucked up, and a desire to do whatever I could to fix it.

I realise that not every mistake we make can be completely erased, but in this instance, everything that was within my power to do, has been done.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 04:05 PM   #78
Jel
I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare

Hand on heart - no-one has made a fuck up? Thats what makes us people right? And what sets certain people from certain people? The willingness to apologise for those fuck ups, surely?

Yeah, I watched this unfold, and thought to myself sheesh (insert other stuff here), but y'know, if we fuck up, we either deny deny deny, or we hold our hands up - no matter how long it takes us to see that we may have been wrong. Sheepguy - you are a top, top man, for sure, no doubt, just one thing - don't let being bitter guide your judgement Be bitter, by all means, that's what makes the world go round! But when all is said and done, sometimes it's pretty good to just say: ahhh..... fuck it

And I say the above on the premise ccbill etc don't penalise you - which I don't think they will tbh :-)
Jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 01:40 AM   #79
SheepGuy
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine

I'm not bitter, but I have talked to my lawyer and he is willing to take on my case on a commission basis.
I'm not as eager as he is, but I will do it if this has cost me money.

PMB could be proactive on this by sending an email to Paycom and CCBill assuring them that I am not in any way guilty of fraud, and requesting that any black marks be removed from my name.
cc'ing me on the emails back and forth would be a very good idea.
If I am convinced that this has not cost me money I will let it rest. But since I have had no sales or rebills from CCBill since this fiasco started it will take some convincing.
Old 2007-09-12, 03:55 PM   #80
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepGuy View Post
PMB could be proactive on this by sending an email to Paycom and CCBill assuring them that I am not in any way guilty of fraud, and requesting that any black marks be removed from my name.
I have no idea what the law is in Canada, but in the UK CCBill would have had to notify the credit agencies instantly, and the black mark could not be removed FOR ANY REASON for 6 years. Hopefully this is not the same where you live, but I would check your own credit references in a month or so, to be sure.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 08:59 PM   #81
CD Smith
The one and only at your service

Send a message via ICQ to CD Smith
I seem to recall other program reps and owners jumping the gun and holding the affiliate responsible for something one or more of his referred surfers has done in the way of fraud. I've never been a fan of it. I do like the idea of catching and punishing/penalizing the actual person doing the fraud, but all too often it is the webmaster affiliate who is innocent and otherwise oblivious to what went on.

It's often as simple as the webmaster creates website to promote sponsors, puts up a few links to each one, some idiot surfer clicks one of those links and uses a stolen CC. The webmaster affiliate has no way at all of knowing it happened much less control it.

If you're honest, you build your sites and put up links in good faith in accordance with each program's TOS, and all you can do is hope for the best. It would not sit well with me to be accused of something I didn't do and had zero control over. Nice to see an apology here, which in itself is something not seen enough on threads such as this.

CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote