Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-02-06, 12:01 AM   #1
billaaa777
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

My Stats Suck !!!

My Stats Suck !!!

I started a little over two months ago, so obviously I still have a lot to learn. Almost all of my clicks are from many of the large link list, many that post remarks here. To those that link my sites, I would like to thank you. To those that don’t, I wish I knew why. Below are my stats for the first two months. I am hoping an experience web master can provide some much needed expertise.
What I need to find is a site that converts anywhere near to the stats GreenGuy has. Being, a small player working hard to get clicks you just can not spread out over to many sponsors or you will never get paid.
It is so disappointing to see GreenGuy converts Nasty Dollars at 1/274 and I am at 1/2,500. Can somebody please explain why such a large discrepancy?
If anybody can provide a sponsor that converts 1/500, I will sign up under your account and promote it hard!

Sponsors Name Clicks Sales Ratio Earned Received
Traffic Cash Gold 3,546 0 0/3,546 .00 .00

Nasty Dollars 2,563 1 1/2,563 35.00 .00

Boob Dollars 1,800 0 0/1,800 .00 .00

Top Bucks 2,927 3 1/ 976 95.00 70.00

Adult Friend Find. 425 0 0/ 425 .00 .00

Miscellaneous 400 0 0/ 400 .00 .00

Totals 11,661 4 1/2,915 $ 130.00 $ 70.00

NOTE: Using Boob Dollars was a mistake, as I later found out reading the board. Not included in the above are two small niche sponsors I used when I first started that I did very successful free sites for that received thousands of clicks and the sponsors showed little or none clicks to their site, so I just stop using them. Although, I am well aware that there is a long curve to get your own site up to where it can make nice bucks, but along the way you need to make some money. Not only make the money, but also get the motivation to keep working so hard. So, if anybody can supply sites that really convert I would appreciate, and I would be sure to sign up under your name.

Thanks
Bill
billaaa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 12:11 AM   #2
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

What you really need to do is post a little information about where the traffic is coming from and perhaps a few of your freesites/galleries for critique. Do your freesites/galleries actually sell the surfer, or are they doing a hit and run. If you are misleading surfers to get them to click, then your ratios will be worse. If your surfers are enticed to click, your ratio will be better.

Basically, would you as a surfer be enticed to purchase if you were surfing your own freesites and galleries? If not, then you need to adjust the sales pitch. There are plenty of people that are here that are more than happy to help. It looks to me like you are on the right track, just have to refine things a little.

Changing a sponsor may not always lead you on the path to more riches if the sales pitch isn't strong.
Old 2005-02-06, 12:41 AM   #3
Alphawolf
Don't come to Florida for vacation. We're closed.

I think you could post on Topbucks message board to ask for some very specific help.

Anyways, don't be discouraged because your ratio is not as good as GG's. He's been doing is *a lot* longer and has pure search engine traffic to use different sponsors as he pleases.

I think Dec/Jan is not the best time to start in this biz. People were wrapped up in holidays, traveling, buying presents, paying off credit card bills, etc...

Also, how much traffic are you sending to any single paysite? It's been stated that one shouldn't really judge how a paysite is doing until they send 10,000 unique vistirs to it.

I don't think that is really true for 'grunt' affiliates where the traffic sources stay the same. At least- I haven't noticed any difference between 2000 uniques and 10,000 uniques of Link List traffic.

Regardless, I think it may be a case of promoting many different paysites using a single free site?

Meaning, you aren't sending enough to any ONE paysite, but rather spread out the traffic on many paysites. That's purely a guess though.

An important thing IMO, what one person can sell well may not sell well for you.

It's about experimenting to find what niches YOU sell well. Don't go chasing what works for others as that will always be a moving target.

I'd suggest picking 1 niche and even 1 paysite and spend the next 5 days submitting 5 free sites for that 1 niche/paysite.

That will give you strongly focused traffic off many NEW free site listings which is when you'll get the bulk of your traffic.

You'll get a fairly OK idea whether you can sell that niche/paysite within 2-3 weeks.

It's important that you do not compare your ratio to greenguy's. It's good to want to get to that, but not realistic without your own traffic sources or enough time to have really learned what you tend to sell better.

It's important to get advice straight from your sponsors if you can.

Don't get too depressed as you are just starting out...

There's no magic sponsor or sites that will automatically sell for you, despite what Sponsors state in their webmaster area.

Have a good one.
Alphawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 01:29 AM   #4
billaaa777
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Dear cd34 & Alphawolf,

Thanks for the well thought out and time consuming replies to my post. I am still amazed reading the board the quality of the people and the quality of responses you can receive here. In response to cd34, below are a few of my free sites, which will also let you know where some of my traffic is coming from? I think the quality of my traffic is as good as it could get at this point. My I am wrong, any suggestions would be appreciated. I did try a few TPG’s and I need to do more. But, looking at those stats it is hard to believe how few ever click through to a sponsor. Below are a few of my sites.

Thanks
Bill

http://www.btkbookmarks.com/Coed1/index_5.html

http://www.btkbookmarks.com/W1/index_2.html

http://www.btkbookmarks.com/W2/index.htm

http://www.btkbookmarks.com/BT8/index.htm

http://www.btkbookmarks.com/B1/index.htm

http://www.btkbookmarks.com/W25/index.htm

http://www.btkbookmarks.com/BT11/index.htm

http://www.btkbookmarks.com/T24/index.htm
billaaa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 02:04 AM   #5
pcum
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Send a message via ICQ to pcum
Man...take it easy

Your sites looking great, you said that you are doing this about two months, as you maybe know, free sites doing great in the long run, and after the traffic drops down you still get traffic from SE.

So build build build try to submit a free site everyday and maybe one or two galleries a day and you get your signups,

and if you are looking for some great sponsors, take a look on my site...

Stay in Business with Pcum
pcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 03:49 AM   #6
blind
Remember to rebel against the authorities, kids!

Send a message via ICQ to blind
Nasty Dollars sponsor content may be the issue. It's way overused and by the way some of your pictures are compressed to much.
blind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 09:09 AM   #7
frankthetank
Stupid risks make life worth living

Send a message via ICQ to frankthetank
I had a look at your sites and they are looking good. But those large ads load very slow and surfers aren´t usually on 2mbit downstream. So I wouldn´t use those large graphic ads.

Another thing is the text. It´s too much text there, I think. Text ads are a good thing, but i didn´t read it because it was too long, so maybe a surfer doesn´t read it as well.

I´m not an experienced webmaster, but it were my impressions watching your sites.

A last one is the content. Try bargainbasementcontent.com for example or another one maybe. It does much better for me as sponsor content does.
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 12:09 PM   #8
Mr. Blue
Searching for Jimmy Hoffa

I think it does have a bit to do with the sponsors themselves though. If you were honest in writing your page, did a good enough sales pitch, and got the person to clickthru isn't it partially the sponsor that could be blamed for not closing the deal?

I'm a noob at this as well, I started January, and for the first 3 weeks in Jan. I was running very established sponsors with typical type content (Teen, big boob, etc). I was doing miserable. 0:10000...was rather discouraging.

I switched my sponsors, did highly niche specific type stuff (hardcore, fetishes, etc). While I haven't had huge success...I've got my ratio to 1:2000 but that's only with tgp traffic. I've just started writing freesites and I'm hoping my ratio improves with the quality of traffic.

I still think though that some sponsors are just overused and the problem for a new adult webmaster is to figure this out.
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 12:19 PM   #9
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Hey Bill,

One thing I've notice when reviewing your sites is that you always use Times New Roman as a font. That isn't the most friendly font for web page design, and can be hard to read. Also, on some of the sites you're using a text color that's very close to the background color, so anyone who's colorblind might not even be able to see the text and it doesn't jump off the page enough.

I also agree that you tend to overcompress your images, which makes them less appealing to surfers. Remember that while the sponsor has to close the deal, the sale starts on your free site so what the surfer is seeing should be priming them for the sponsor to finish the sale. Nasty Dollars is promoted by 1000s of webmasters, so if you need to use sponsor content you may want to consider using a smaller sponsor whose free content hasn't saturated the market so extensively.

Top Bucks is currently your best converting sponsor at 1:1000, so I'd start with them and see how you can streamline and improve your site designs to increase conversions. 1:1000 isn't enough to make you dance, but on freesite traffic it isn't awful either.

Try promoting some other niches...teen, milf and such can be hard to make any cash on because they're promoted so extensively by so many people. Try picking a fetish or two and promoting those for a while to see how you do.

Hope some of this helped.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 02:50 PM   #10
Pendo
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

Send a message via ICQ to Pendo
try extreme paychecks http://www.extremepaychecks.com/refe...ndo/index.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg extreme.JPG (13.3 KB, 232 views)

My Freesites
Pendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 04:40 PM   #11
japamor
I Love Turkish Delight, they're very moreish.

Hi Billaaa777
All I can say is that for only 2months in the biz your sites are very impressive indeed.
I know stats can be depressing but if you keep your head down, keep learning, keep building and forgetting, your figures, and your earnings will certainly improve.
Cheers
japamor
japamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 05:35 PM   #12
josho
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendo
try extreme paychecks
Extreme Paychecks counts second page uniques instead of first page uniques, therefore, that ratio isn't as great as it looks.

Don't get me wrong, I use EP and make good money. Just keep in mind that the ratio you see is 1:430 second page uniques.
josho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-06, 08:25 PM   #13
Max
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

As for me the only thing that counts is money and time I've spent to make this money. For example I need three days to create three free sites for one sponcer. With these sites I've earned $90 and with other sponsor I earned only $30 doing the same job. That means that I'll create more freesites for the first sponsor. No matter what ratio it has 1:500 or 1:1500
Max is offline   Reply With Quote