Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-11-08, 03:33 PM   #1
furrygirl
No offence Apu, but when they were handing out religions you must have been out taking a whizz

Is anyone using SegPay? (site owners or affiliates)

After scaring Verotel into no longer taking sites with blood content, taking some time off in Greece, and working on my other sites that cause me less frustration, I'm getting back to focussing on the payment processing for my menstruation site.

I can't even get billers to return my emails since I'm so freakish and obscene, so it seems like I'm only left with the option of SegPay. (I would really prefer a merchant account solution, though.)

A search of Boardtracker seems to show that people think SegPay is just the new iBill. I don't know how to side with debates like this: http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showt...d=7145&t=41394 (Sorry if I'm being an ass by posting a link to another board!)

Anyhow, does anyone here actually use SegPay? I'd rather judge a company by how they treat and pay their webmasters than by rumors on boards by people who don't use them. Are they paying their webmasters and affiliates on time? Do you like their webmaster or affiliate interfaces? Any notable plusses or minuses?

Thanks!
furrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-08, 06:42 PM   #2
Desperate Andy
Internet! Is that thing still around?

We're using SegPay as one of the billing solutions for our programs.

They're not new Ibill, there is old crew from Ibill which moved there heading by Cathy.
I know about the speculations that SegPay = new Ibill. If you know Ibill's story, IntECA has helped Ibill EU clients to get payouts for Ibill directly from bank. IntECA got trust of all those clients who got paid. Now the same IntECA is processing payouts to SegPay clients (the idea of paying from bank via IntECA to client is protection against billing's actions to hold the money and not paying to client).

Also SegPay is developing option to pay by epassporte to both clients & affiliates, which may be popular ( I see so many threads on boards with the question whether CCbill is paying to Epassporte).

As for their processing - they are rather good. At least you should try and see. I cannot say anything about rebills, because our other billings have larger period of processing, and therefore more rebills.

Their admin area is simple, though more complicated than the Paycom's one. Yes, they probably need to implement some options or make some things better etc.

I'm not sure about affiliates payouts by SegPay, we're working with them directly and pay our affiliates by ourselves.

If you will need good contacts there - let me know, I will send you to the right guy.

PS. Sorry I'm not monitoring all the threads so if you will need me - use private messaging.
Desperate Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-08, 08:58 PM   #3
Sperbonzo
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Send a message via ICQ to Sperbonzo
I agree with Andy on all his points. I'm sure that you've seen my input on Segpay in other threads, so perhaps you will think that I"m biased. I do act as an agent for them, but frankly I have too long of a history (6 years) in the processing biz to align myself with a company that would hurt my rep.

BTW.... they do have an affiliate payout system. I have staked my reputation on their honesty..... despte what some conspiracy theorists would like to think, this is a new company and the principals are honest people.
Old 2005-11-09, 03:55 PM   #4
furrygirl
No offence Apu, but when they were handing out religions you must have been out taking a whizz

Thansk, Andy! That's the sort of feedback I'm looking for. Seems to be a fair bit of bitching and rumors, but I couldn't find any feedback from people who have actually used SegPay.

Sperbonzo: Yes, I read your posts, which seemed more rational than most other posts, which either supported the seriously dubious connections between the two or insulted the weight of one of the women working with SegPay.
furrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-09, 04:06 PM   #5
Desperate Andy
Internet! Is that thing still around?

furrygirl, you're welcome!

Tomorrow we should get our 2nd payment from SegPay, I got email from Inteca today that they're extracting wire transfer.

Good luck with any billing solution you will choose!
Desperate Andy is offline   Reply With Quote