Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link & Traffic Trades
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2008-08-01, 11:21 AM   #1
Fetishfan69
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Traffic Trade & TGP script wanted..

Guys i wonder if you can help.

I'm looking for a traffic trade/TGP script that is powerful yet easy enough for a newbie to setup.

Ideally it must be cheap or even free and have minimum requirements.

I want something that can tell me how many people are clicking on certain links. How much traffic partners are sending through. Which traffic partners my traffic are going to. Maybe even something that can re-arrange my galleries based on popularity. I also want something that makes adding galleries easy and less time-consuming than having to photoshop everything.

Any thoughts?

Andy
Fetishfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 01:09 PM   #2
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

Not sure about the TGP aspect of it, but, http://arrowscripts.com/ has their arrowtrader lite which is free. http://jmbsoft.com/ used to have a free version of some of their scripts with autogallery/autorank, etc.
Old 2008-08-02, 04:39 AM   #3
Fetishfan69

I've looked at Arrowscripts before... the problem i had with that was that i was'nt sure whether my hosting account had the requirements to run it. I think it certainly fulfils the criteria for trading scripts.

I like the TGP software on the JMBsoft website.

Is it possible to run a seperate TGP script and a traffic trading script on the same website? or would this complicate things too much?

Fetishfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 01:32 PM   #4
japamor
I Love Turkish Delight, they're very moreish.

I've recently tried Smart thumbs at http://www.smart-scripts.com and Xclicks at http://www.xclicks.net/, both of which have free versions. They're definitely worth a look. If you like them and need help setting up just PM me.
Old 2008-09-18, 10:24 PM   #5
Agent
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Bipity bump. I am having a similar problem finding a decent traffic trade script. My current project is sort of at a standstill until I find one

I can't use Arrow Trader's packages because my host is running a Linux distro that doesn't seem to be supported (Arrow Trader doesn't have a matching package for my host's Linux distro and from what I read on the developer's forum none of the other packages will work. Plus, I have to pay my host to install the package because it's a compiled binary with possible dependencies, etc. So I can't really sit at the server and perform trial and error (as I'd prefer.) I have to delegate installation to one of their techs

A third party service like Xclicks is not my first choice.

Does any one have any suggestions? a PHP, Perl, or C binary solution?

I would prefer having a paid script that isn't going to shave 1% of the traffic, only because I want to know where the traffic is going. In other words, I don't want someone jumping from my site to pop-up hell or some shit site hosted in Bajerkistan with brides for sale. But if there are any free scripts that are responsible with the shave then I'll be happy to consider them.
Old 2008-09-19, 02:57 AM   #6
poornpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent View Post
I can't use Arrow Trader's packages because my host is running a Linux distro that doesn't seem to be supported (Arrow Trader doesn't have a matching package for my host's Linux distro and from what I read on the developer's forum none of the other packages will work. Plus, I have to pay my host to install the package because it's a compiled binary with possible dependencies, etc. So I can't really sit at the server and perform trial and error (as I'd prefer.) I have to delegate installation to one of their techs
What I saw on Arrow Trader, is that its precompiled C code. If I remember it correctly there are precompiled packages for many libc. I already installed one Arrow Trader on a "not supported" Linux distro.
poornpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 10:26 AM   #7
Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poornpig View Post
What I saw on Arrow Trader, is that its precompiled C code. If I remember it correctly there are precompiled packages for many libc. I already installed one Arrow Trader on a "not supported" Linux distro.
Was it Debian 4? I'm looking for a compatible version for that. On the official message board there are three threads of people having problems not being able to get it working. If I can find a package that will work on Debian 4 then that would be great. I have to pay the host by the minute to install the script so I want to make sure that I've got one that should work, lest they take too long or fuck it up

I'd really like to do it myself but they didn't give me that option...
Old 2008-09-19, 02:43 PM   #8
Agent

I got things squared away and working with Arrow Trader III Lite, so I guess I don't need any alternatives now.