Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-08-06, 06:12 PM   #1
Tyranni
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Send a message via Yahoo to Tyranni
Storm Pay Payment Processor subscriptions/shopping cart?

I'm looking for a new payment processor, I already am with Verotel and am happy with their service but I would like to give potential members a choice for subscriptions and also I need a shopping cart payment system. I forgot about Storm Pay but I was wondering if anyone had experiences with them, or if they have a problem with adult sales. I could only find in their user agreement that they do not allow obscene material or CP. Thanks for any insights!
Tyranni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 06:20 PM   #2
Tyranni

Edited to say, I know I should get a proper merchant account, but we've only been around for 8 months and are still getting the hang of everything, obviously. Being in Canada also creates some problems, many processors only work with European companies or American ones. I am an American citizen but CCbill requires a copy of my social security card which is torture trying to extract a copy from the SS office by mail! Also I have my doubts as to whether ccbill and some other processors would accept our site as it stands, without sanitizing all of the edgy stuff.
Old 2006-08-08, 01:16 PM   #3
Tyranni

Guess nobody knows so I'll reply to myself in case it can help somebody else! Storm pay seems great for shopping cart sales, direct deposit to your account and all at no extra cost.

However, not practical on a subscription basis. Of course my member's area is protected by htaccess and their techs do not go into your ftp program to tweak that for members as far as I can tell. They would 'gain' access via registering for stormpay and then they would still be locked out by your htaccess and pissed off and probably refund before I could email them with a password, and in the case that I happened to be flooded with sales that would be annoying if not impossible to handle on my own. I submitted another email to their support so if I find out any differenly I'll continue to talk to myself here