Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-01-20, 11:27 AM   #1
dekaz
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Amount of LL's to submit to

I'm still searching the boards for the best answer but it keeps giving me broad results.

Is it better to submit only to the big LL's or is it better to submit to as much as you can?

Benfits for traffic, useless work, SE traffic?
Old 2006-01-20, 11:58 AM   #2
fetish1
Remember to rebel against the authorities, kids!

Send a message via ICQ to fetish1 Send a message via AIM to fetish1 Send a message via Yahoo to fetish1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaz
Is it better to submit only to the big LL's or is it better to submit to as much as you can?
LOL Neither, how did that clear things up for ya?? Sorry not trying to be a smartass here, but seriously, I don't do either. I do a happy medium. The big link lists are great for more traffic on new listings, but never forget the smaller link lists (for several reasons)...primary to me being:
1. They could be the NEXT big link list
2. Specially with niche specific smaller link lists, the surfer could be a better quality hit because they are specifically looking for what you have.

But, do I list with every single link list our there that I can get a recip to? NO...in fact there is one big one I don't waste my time with anymore because the traffic has always been crap for me when I got listed, or the owner nit picks the site to peices with things that no one else ever has a problem with, and it's not worth it to me to keep going back to dot i's and cross t's to make her happy when I do fine with all the others I submit to.

Watch your stats, see who is sending you traffic. Granted it would be nice if everyone was sending 100000 hits a day, but as long as you see traffic coming in even in small numbers on a regular basis, it's worth subbing to them...if you see that you are getting nothing, then dump them and replace it with a link list that sends something to you.

Anyway, just my 2cents..hope it helps a little.
Old 2006-01-20, 12:36 PM   #3
Ann Omness
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

Another way to find links lists to submit to is to determine which ones get good traffic from the search engines. Search engine traffic is "fresh" traffic, not coming from the various adult circle jerks, and is probably the most likely to buy memberships. If you do sites in a particular niche, you can find out which links lists have good search engine rankings in that niche by searching for "[niche} links." For example, if you are doing Mature sites, do a search for "mature links" and most of the results will be links lists that you might want to submit to. If you do all kinds of sites, a search for "adult links" will suggest some good links lists to submit to.

In the long term, all links lists probably provide some value. The searching method just gives you some clues as to which lists to start out with.