Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-01-05, 11:13 AM   #1
Pagan
Perverted Empress

New Year, New Beginnings

What a roller coaster ride this last 2 years has been. I lost one husband (and good friend) in January of 2010, and had to deal with everything surrounding his sudden death at 48 including his family in Poland, I was so low at times I just wanted to die.. but tried to work through it. I know I wasn't myself or a very good part of this community. I really never expected his death to hit me so very hard but it did. Then we lost Mr MaryLou and a lot of the joy of networking here seemed to go with him. He gave a lot of us direction and laughter when we needed it the most. Last summer, I met a wonderful man online and ended up not only getting married in October but moving from Texas to Finland. For the last 4 months, I have been learning to live again... I am now part of a family, learning a new language and starting a new life as a housewife and full-time webmaster. I left so very much behind in Texas... my home, my animals, my day job.. but I gained so much here. I have relaxed and hopefully become me again. I miss my desktop computer and cable internet service so much these days... but I would not trade this for anything at all.

So.. with the new year comes reflections and resolutions... to those I may have offended or treated badly during my dark days, please forgive me. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, we all have burdens that are simply too great to bear alone. Any grief I caused was not intentional, believe me. If fences can be mended, I would love to try. All I can say is I will try harder this next year.. to build more sites, update more frequently, and be a better more active member of this community. Thank you all for your support and kindness...