Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Blogs and Blogging
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2009-08-05, 09:28 PM   #1
BadWolf
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

What would you do?

My blog directory script is no longer accepting new submissions. I've tried re-installing the script and uploading previous backups, I'm at the limit of my technical know how.

It's an ancient script, Directory97 Pro. Love the script but it's flaky and one regret I've always had is you don't get a hard link back.

Would you start over with a new script, sell the domain or leave it as is? There are over 1000 blogs listed and it gets SE traffic from Google, Yahoo and Bing.
BadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 10:00 PM   #2
hashbury
My name is hashbury not assburry

If you installed a new script could you import the old database? You might need to reformat it for the new database, but it would be worth it.
Old 2009-08-05, 11:48 PM   #3
BadWolf
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbury View Post
If you installed a new script could you import the old database? You might need to reformat it for the new database, but it would be worth it.
I did look into that. Way over my head. Like my friend Ana I tend to break scripts, databases......I'm not technically proficient enough to pull that off.
BadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 12:06 AM   #4
FuckingBastard
Ahhh ... sweet pity. Where would my love life be without it?

Send a message via ICQ to FuckingBastard
I have this problem too but with php fusion script. i was tried to import the users datebase from php fusion into the wordpress datebase and i fucked up everything.Lucky me , i made the back up before trying this shit
I receive daily emails from members regarding the login issues and i still hope to fix this soon with my poor programming skills otherwise it will be a new project with new members.
Old 2009-08-06, 10:38 AM   #5
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWolf View Post
My blog directory script is no longer accepting new submissions. I've tried re-installing the script and uploading previous backups, I'm at the limit of my technical know how.
It sounds like a rather simple mySQL table issue. Something, which most likely can be edited, is limiting the value of an auto-incremented piece of data, most likely an ID.