Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2003-11-09, 07:22 PM   #1
fetish1
Remember to rebel against the authorities, kids!

Send a message via ICQ to fetish1 Send a message via AIM to fetish1 Send a message via Yahoo to fetish1
ExtremePaychecks Links?

Has anyone by chance checked your links this weekend? I've had two people double check them for me from out of my area to make sure its not just me, and 3 of the sites I am trying to promote either go to page cant be found for up to 30 mins at a time (at least from when we check...no telling how long prior to that I guess), or the sign up page won't load. I've just recently decide to try and push them, but is this typical or a fluke??? :-(
Old 2003-11-09, 07:29 PM   #2
stuveltje
Live and learn. And take very careful notes!

Send a message via ICQ to stuveltje
I use extreme paychecks to, and indeed yesterday and today some of the links where down, or loaded very slow, how long he time has been i dont know, but people emailed me because the links i used on my site didnt work. i use their free hosted sites and galleries too, maybe it was an update or techie trouble i dont know
stuveltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-09, 08:11 PM   #3
digifan
...and since we know an end will come it makes our living so much fun

Send a message via ICQ to digifan
Same here must have been some server glitch.

Webair Rocks
digifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 12:27 PM   #4
fetish1

Send a message via ICQ to fetish1 Send a message via AIM to fetish1 Send a message via Yahoo to fetish1
Thanks for the feedback. Wanted to know if it was just me or not. Apparently not

Old 2003-11-10, 03:47 PM   #5
Extreme John
Afro John says: "Touch The Extreme Afro & You'll Be In Extreme Pain!"

Send a message via ICQ to Extreme John
This has been resolved, there wasnt an actual issue in counting traffic or sales, simply traffic to the first page of the tour. Gotta hate it when posts dont get updated

September 6, 2007
Extreme John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 08:10 PM   #6
fetish1

Quote:
Originally posted by Extreme John
there wasnt an actual issue in counting traffic or sales, simply traffic to the first page of the tour.

Thanks for the update but I am a little confused as to how it wasn't an issue for sales or traffic if the surfer couldn't get to the site. If they couldn't get to the first page, then they definately couldn't get to the sign up page
Old 2003-11-11, 05:26 AM   #7
{fusion}
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Send a message via ICQ to {fusion}
what happened to pegcash, was it sold or you just revamp and rename?

your sites have always been sweet i plan to start pushing you very soon, seems good program
Old 2003-11-11, 06:24 AM   #8
Jim
Banned

And just so everyone knows...the Extreme boys are coming back here. I really couldn't be more happy. Make sure you look for a new big Extreme banner up on top in the next few days
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 01:01 AM   #9
Extreme John
Afro John says: "Touch The Extreme Afro & You'll Be In Extreme Pain!"

Send a message via ICQ to Extreme John
Thanks Jim, appreciate that, but I have to be honest in saying Im ducking for cover after my last response and coming back to follow up on this thread. Im a jack ass plain and simple.

The response shown on the board was intended for an Icq message I was sharing with someone (trying to work on too many things at once). So please accept my appologies for my response, here is the proper response to the situation brought up above, which was also addressed in part in the 10/30/03 Newsletter http://www.extrememasters.com/newsletter103003.htm

The update on this matter is as follows:

When increasing the Total bandwidth by another 200mbps we were forced to make a few moves around the Noc and do a few things to get ready for the 8 additional servers that will be going online as well, in doing so there was a slow down, as well as some down time when these moves took place, this is to be expected when moving servers to different racks, etc.

The adjustments have been made and Router tweaked to handle and distribute the additional 200mbps properly, the 8 new servers which are intended solely for aiding the speed of Hosted Picture Galleries, Hosted Movie Galleries and Hosted Sites will be going online shortly, this ofcourse will happen over the course of a few days, if not up to a week in order to ensure proper load balancing, etc on these new servers.

Once the domain moves are done everyone should see a great increase from the additional 200mbps and the 8 Additional servers (which will more likely become 12 new servers).

--------------------------------------------
Fusion as for Pegcash which was a 60/40 Partnership program, and offered very few features for affiliates (not to mention a name that I hated more than anything in thw world), it needed to be put to sleep, which gave birth to Extreme Paychecks, more features, more content, hosted galleries, Pay per signup, etc, blah blah blah, and now with MOST of the growing pains worked out (not saying all ofcourse because than the shit would hit the fan), we are probably days from releasing even more features and tools that will give our affiliates the additional things they need to generate more cash. We have already increased our staffing, recently had promotions within, and are awaiting some key new Employee's to jump on board as well. Moving forward is the plan.

September 6, 2007
Extreme John is offline   Reply With Quote