Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-01-20, 09:35 AM   #1
fetish1
Remember to rebel against the authorities, kids!

Send a message via ICQ to fetish1 Send a message via AIM to fetish1 Send a message via Yahoo to fetish1
Question ? to LL Owners who have partner accts

I submitted requests for 2 partner accts in the past few weeks. They both sent back rejections stating that the sites looked good but their recips were not on the pages. Is that common practice to expect me to put you on one of my previously submitted sites (that I am sending you as samples of my work) before you accept me as a partner?

I realize that you always run the risk of putting up a recip and not being listed, BUT if you read the rules it's next to impossible NOT to be listed. When applying for a partner acct, it would seem that you want to see my sites, to decide if you want them, and I am applying to see if this is a link list that I can start submitting at so I didn't really understand expecting links up to a site that I haven't subbed to before.

I may very well be missing the REAL obvious here...so if I am please let me know so that it makes a little more sense!

TIA!
Old 2006-01-20, 09:41 AM   #2
Surfn
If you don’t take a chance the Angels won’t dance

Send a message via ICQ to Surfn
I don't expect my recip on your same sites that have been listed by others.

Surfn's Links Are you a partner?

Surfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 09:43 AM   #3
Toby
Lonewolf Internet Sales

Send a message via ICQ to Toby
I always thought that was contradictory. Asking for samples of galleries I've already had accepted elsewhere, then expect to have their recip on it.

I could care less what recips, if any, are on the sample galleries when I get partner account requests. I'm much more concened with the quality of the galleries and content.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 09:56 AM   #4
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
I *think* that the ones that ask for samples with their recip may have a script that inserts those samples into their listings if they accept you as a partner. Not sure, but that's my theory. They may also have the mind set that, if they're going to spend their time reviewing your sites, they may as list them if they like them. Either way, I tend to think it's for the applicant's benefit as well, not just the link list's.

I state that my recip doesn't have to be present on sample sites because I'm too lazy to copy and paste them into my listings even if I like them.
Old 2006-01-20, 12:04 PM   #5
fetish1
Remember to rebel against the authorities, kids!

Send a message via ICQ to fetish1 Send a message via AIM to fetish1 Send a message via Yahoo to fetish1
Thanks to all who have answered! UW, I agree with your point I can see it being a win-win if thats they way the script is set up. I guess the reason it befuddles me is that unless I just built 3 new sites today, and put you in my recip tables, then you are going to see past built sites, and if I already sub'd those, I either have to make a totally new index for you with your recip, or delete one of the ones on my current table...either way sucks just to see IF you wanna list me. (Ok I'm lazy I don't mind admitting it!! LOL ) But as I said, good logic for those whose scripts are set up that way!

Surfn, good to hear, I saw your post about taking new partners and thats what prompted this post before I submitted anything to ya!
Old 2006-01-20, 12:37 PM   #6
Surfn
If you don’t take a chance the Angels won’t dance

Send a message via ICQ to Surfn
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetish1
Thanks to all who have answered! UW, I agree with your point I can see it being a win-win if thats they way the script is set up. I guess the reason it befuddles me is that unless I just built 3 new sites today, and put you in my recip tables, then you are going to see past built sites, and if I already sub'd those, I either have to make a totally new index for you with your recip, or delete one of the ones on my current table...either way sucks just to see IF you wanna list me. (Ok I'm lazy I don't mind admitting it!! LOL ) But as I said, good logic for those whose scripts are set up that way!

Surfn, good to hear, I saw your post about taking new partners and thats what prompted this post before I submitted anything to ya!
No problem. Just send me something to look at and I'll hook you up with a PA

Surfn's Links Are you a partner?

Surfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 01:58 PM   #7
Fonz
Former pr0n slinger.

There's no need for a recip to Smiling Pussy Links on your example site when requesting a partner account either...