Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-02-19, 06:43 PM   #1
Sodo
Ahhh ... sweet pity. Where would my love life be without it?

Freesites - New thought for me at least!

Hi All,

I have probably build and submitted around 25 free sites the last 3 weeks and thanks for the ones who listed them - they have not been too succesfull saleswise yet, so I am thinking of changing strategy(instead of sponsors!)

So far I have had the 3 outgoing links on the warning page all going to the sponsor. Now I've had a serious brain session of why i am not able to make as many sales as I would like(but of cause when is enough enough!).

Why try and sell sponsors on the warning page? how would it even be possible to pre-sell something on the warning page when it's full of descriptive text to get SE traffic, Recip links to all the good friends, warning text to tell surfers they're entering an adult site and yadi yada!

There's WAY too much noise now on the warning page and most surfers click through to my sponsors from the warning page, so they probably just saw some cool text or an interesting banner and clicked it...no way I've been able to tease them and prepare them for the buy which in my mind equals poor ratios!

So now I will make an experiment and drop all sponsors from the warning page and wait with the sell until the main and gallery pages...

Did any of you think of that before or try that - I would like to hear your results if you have!

or just want to hear you out if it sounds like a good idea!

Kind regards
Sodo