Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Programming & Scripting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-05-05, 05:20 PM   #1
sue-fl
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to sue-fl
links 2.0 help??

Is there a way I can have some of my categories not show up in the category .db?? I have a couple of categories I want to add but don't want people to be able to submit to them. Hope this makes sense to someone. Thanks!
sue-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-05, 11:23 PM   #2
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Hi Sue!

A fellow Floridian...ain't it great!

To your question...I'm not at all familiar with that script. But, with the script I use...I simply manually edited the submit form itself and removed any categories I didn't want open to submissions.

Hope that helps
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-05, 11:53 PM   #3
sue-fl
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to sue-fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYum
Hi Sue!

A fellow Floridian...ain't it great!

To your question...I'm not at all familiar with that script. But, with the script I use...I simply manually edited the submit form itself and removed any categories I didn't want open to submissions.

Hope that helps

Thanks Mr Yum, not sure if I can do that but I'll give it a try! Yeah living in Florida is wonderful and I see quite a few webmasters that live in Florida on the boards. We need to have a Florida webmater get together! That would be a trip
sue-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-06, 12:06 AM   #4
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Again, not familiar with your script...but if there's a section where it gives you the html to paste into your submit page...you should be able to edit that snippet of code...and remove the categories you wish...I hope

Yea, living here is awesome...just moved here in September of last year. What an amazing place...my backyard is almost like an animal sanctuary...lol.

Actually, there are quite a few webmaster events in Florida...Internext in August is one of the BIGGIES!
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-06, 07:31 AM   #5
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
With my script, the categories on the submit page were not hardcoded, but instead drawn in dynamically from the database. I had the same situation that you are experiencing. I wanted to be able to add teen subs if necessary, but I didn't want open submissions to the teen category. So I had to hardcode the dropdown list for my cats on my sub page so that I could exclude the teen cat. Now, if I receive a teen submission from a non-partner, I know the submitter is auto-submitting, otherwise it wouldn't be possible.
Old 2005-05-17, 09:25 PM   #6
Opti
I Didn't Do It

Send a message via ICQ to Opti
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue-fl
Is there a way I can have some of my categories not show up in the category .db?? I have a couple of categories I want to add but don't want people to be able to submit to them. Hope this makes sense to someone. Thanks!
in case you still care... No you cant add cats to the links2 DB and not have them show up on the submit form.

if you dont mind hand modifying the category options section of the submit form for future category changes... Just remove the token <%categories%> from your ADD.HTML template and replace it with a category options select part of the form manually.
Opti is offline   Reply With Quote