Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-11-13, 01:39 PM   #1
tickler
If there is nobody out there, that's a lot of real estate going to waste!

Cool Right to smoke pot @ work

Using human rights legislation, the two petitioned their employers for the right to light up in the workplace.

....although it's not clear how the law on using the drug tallies with Ontario provincial legislation that bans smoking in the workplace.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/am...eut/index.html
Old 2006-11-14, 08:31 AM   #2
AdPayout TBrown
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

Good for them

even the price that the government set up is okay
Old 2006-11-14, 11:33 AM   #3
tickler

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if it is OK to spark up when I'm out in a bar.
Old 2006-11-14, 12:14 PM   #4
AdPayout TBrown

then check this:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...5a4560,00.html
Old 2006-11-14, 01:14 PM   #5
mr.sexbankroll
They have the Internet on computers, now?

>>>The government grows the drug in an abandoned salt mine in Flin Flon, Manitoba, and sells it to authorized users at C$5 ($4.40) a gram.

WTF? I wonder what pounds go for.. lol

R

richard@sexbankroll.com
mr.sexbankroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 10:53 PM   #6
tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdPayout TBrown View Post
Canada has been talking about legalizing personal use for a long time, and then some a$$hole American AG said that they(U.S.A.) would not permit it"!

The hunting lodge had been fully stocked ever since.
Old 2006-11-15, 01:15 AM   #7
SheepGuy
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine

The thing they don't mention is that the government weed is crap you couldn't sell on the street for 5$ a gram. They also don't mention that there are a lot of expert growers sitting in jail who could be of better use in Flin-Flon teaching government experts how to grow the good stuff
And what Tickler says is absolutely true about US government interference in Canadian law. Three pot activists in BC are likely to be extradited to the US to serve lengthy jail terms for selling pot seeds on the web. Pot seeds are ignored by the law in Canada, and while illegal, have always been ignored.

The three activists were arrested by our famous Mounties at the request of the DEA.
There's an excellent article about it here http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4639.html

I can imagine the outrage in Amsterdam if a Dutch citizen was extradited for selling pot seeds. Unfortunately most Canucks damn near expect our sovereignty to be ignored.
Old 2006-11-15, 06:58 AM   #8
AdPayout TBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickler View Post
Canada has been talking about legalizing personal use for a long time, and then some a$$hole American AG said that they(U.S.A.) would not permit it"!

The hunting lodge had been fully stocked ever since.

Yeah I've heard that Canada is a 'light' country. But I just can't see the point why the US gov. worries about it.....
Old 2006-11-15, 10:22 AM   #9
cockhungryhoes
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

That would be different. Here in the U.S. The laws are just crap. I am a medical marijuana patient, I have M.D. My doctor gave me all the proper papers to meet california state law. I went to work and fell. Just walking. I tripped. I wasnt stoned or anything. I hurt my knee and they tested me, and I got fired! That was back in 02. I ended up starting a medical marijuana delievery service. That was cool for a couple years. I am not doing it now. Given all that, I dont think you should smoke at work or behind the wheel. All other places are ok.
Quote:
Yeah I've heard that Canada is a 'light' country. But I just can't see the point why the US gov. worries about it.....
The U.S. government says if Canada does that, it would cause to much border smuggling. We wouldnt want to build a fence around that border would we! lol

Last edited by cockhungryhoes; 2006-11-15 at 10:32 AM..
cockhungryhoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 10:36 AM   #10
tickler

Quote:
Maybe because Canada is like the second biggest pot supplier to the states, and we grow some of the best herb.

My doctor has OK'd me for a pot script, but, for the time I get by maxing on Tylenol(can't handle NSAIDs). Pot tends to make me fuzzy , which is not good when I am juggling millions of line of programming code in my head.|badidea|
Old 2006-11-15, 11:24 AM   #11
cockhungryhoes
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

Thats funny because I was smoking about a quarter pound a month (no type O) for 3 years. I got into webmastering after I stopped delievering because I needed a job. I soon learned that coding is way to hard to do stoned. I took me about 2 weeks to sober up.Now what do you know, I can code! lol. It was a blesing. Smokin is cool, but I was smokin to heavy. I think when I first came on the board a lot of people thought English was my second language. I couldnt write well, let alone code.

Love Canada's Northern Lights #5.

Last edited by cockhungryhoes; 2006-11-15 at 11:28 AM..
Old 2006-11-15, 12:38 PM   #12
mr.sexbankroll

a quarter pound a month? Thats.. thats.. insane!

R

richard@sexbankroll.com
Old 2006-11-15, 12:45 PM   #13
cockhungryhoes

Lol when its free and you have the best stuff in the world, and literally 10 different strains a week rolling in you go insane sampling it all. Its wild. I had to get out man, I looked up and 3 years went by. I had no clue. Thank god for programming.
Old 2006-11-16, 03:52 AM   #14
Murderous
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to Murderous
Some interesting info in this thread. I am not sure what exactly attracted me to it, but would like more, so post away. BTW, some nice links in here too.
Murderous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 07:53 AM   #15
AdPayout TBrown

If you drink too much you'll be addicted alcoholic

If you smoke too much you'll be addicted smoker

My ex gfriend went crazy from too much dope.....well she had a taint to have some troble in her mind to be true, but spending some years smokin 24/7 she got paranoia. And not that trendy one that any smoker
can have . We went to see some pscyhologists but they just couldn't help, so we had to go further and she got some serious pills from a psychiater. Now we've broke up, she's quit smokin but addicted to pills that slows her mind down a bit, not to create false theories......nice story isn't it?
Old 2006-11-16, 07:55 AM   #16
AdPayout TBrown

And now I'm smokin only at the weekend(and I'm a liar cause I smoke yesterday)
Old 2006-11-16, 02:44 PM   #17
mr.sexbankroll

I've read some interesting things about hte effect of pot smoke.. i did the same thing that cockhungryhoes did, but only really lost a year at 20.

Apparently, it effects the way you see yourself and the world around you. So the reason why we lost a year, is we really didn't care. Another, i find it makes me depressed. Third, it gets really hard to wake up the next day and really takes the wind out of you (gym fixes this)

All in all though, weed is nice sometimes, but all the time it gets borign along with everything else

R

richard@sexbankroll.com
Old 2006-11-16, 03:53 PM   #18
cockhungryhoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sexbankroll View Post
Apparently, it effects the way you see yourself and the world around you. I find it makes me depressed. Third, it gets really hard to wake up the next day
All in all though, weed is nice sometimes
R
I think all drugs affect the way you see yourself. Its from the change in Dopamine levels. Thats why it leaves you depressed. Its makes the levels high then when you come down its a rapid drop in levels. The hang over sucks. I like to call it a weed hang over, when your burnt the next day. Like anything else moderation is the key.
The Indicas,the short dence buds give you a strong body high and are good for pain. They generally will get you more stoned then a sativa.Indicias are your Skunk,Widow,and the purples.They leave you feeling less burnt, but feeling like your body is heavy.
The sativas, the tall loose buds are good for like headachs. It produces the "Head High" It will leave you more mentally burnt. It will also make you more paranoid! It messes with your levels a little more. You will notice the next day your mind wont get in gear. Sativas are cool the light ones are good day buds. Like Romulan, Big bug, my favorite is Northen Lights. NL is proven to help Anxiety. All sativas will help your Nausea.

Last edited by cockhungryhoes; 2006-11-16 at 03:56 PM..
Old 2006-11-16, 04:36 PM   #19
Simon IA Cash
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Send a message via ICQ to Simon IA Cash
Any slowness and lack of motivation can be overcome by training and will. If you smoke and don't be content to lie on the couch and just eat, and you get off your ass and be productive, you will benefit from the altered thinking with creative and different ideas (and some seemingly-brilliant but actuallly-stupid ones). It can mess with your memory a little bit, but I really think it comes down to a willingness to maintain effort and drive.

simon -at- iacash dot com
Simon IA Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 10:36 PM   #20
cmdrcunt
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Lots of good theories in here. There was a point I was smoking a QP a week, but that has been quite some time now. My brain does not function any more, so I had to quit. I think that dehydration plays a large roll in the hang over/lack of motivation. I notice now that when I am dehydrated that I feel demotivated as well. I don't smoke any more either. If you read marijana Growers Guide by Ed Rosenthal he has a good explaination in there about the chemical makeup of pot. CBN, CBD, THC etc. THC being a psychoactive substance turns into CBD with exposure to air. The CBD is what makes you drag ass. THC makes you happy and laugh, euphoric. Definately can confuse you as well though as far as I am concerned. Definately not the stuff to be smokeing when you are trying to program. Maybe when you are doing some graphics up, that is one thing.
cmdrcunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 10:47 PM   #21
SheepGuy
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine

I've always been partial to sativa, indica makes me too sleepy, and all I want to do is veg and listen to tunes. Sativa makes me feel like actually getting energetic and doing something, and I laugh a lot more.
Different tokes for different folks
I can't toke and do anything productive on a puter though, I either daydream or waste a lot of time on fucked up ideas.
Hash is my usual stone, mellow, but with energy, munchies aren't as sever for me with hash either. Ideal doob is sativa with black opiated afghani, no fucking tobacco. Aaaah, kids these days, why do they always mix good smoke with tobacco? I smoke cigarettes, but that's a seperate thing. I don't pollute my herb.
Old 2006-11-17, 01:08 PM   #22
mr.sexbankroll

i can't believe there is an actual science to weed, but thanks for the tip.

I guess i'm a sativa kinda of person

Thanks a lot.

R

richard@sexbankroll.com
Old 2006-11-18, 03:49 AM   #23
zigx
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

im in california and luckily its basically legal to smoke pot anywhere... i mean u dont do it infront of a cop of course, but in san fran people stroll down the street smoking Js all the time.
zigx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 10:12 AM   #24
tickler

Caught a clip about this on CNN yesterday, so I thought I would throw it in.
Shortage of Marijuana in Israel
It seems the little skirmish last summer between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon put a serious crimp in the supply lines. Hezbollah, in it's devious wisdom, was growing the stuff in the Sinai and selling it to Israeli youth to help raise money for operations.
It was reported a bag of pot that once sold for 20 bucks in Jerusalem is now going for up to 200!!

http://mondo-canuckistani.blogspot.c...in-israel.html