Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-07-05, 02:23 PM   #1
Star Man
A boy without mischief is like a bowling ball without a liquid center

A few quick questions

Hey. I just have a quick questions about a some new free sites I'm working on.How do you guys feel about those IFRAME and GEO targeted hosted banners from cam sites? Are we allowed to use them and if so how many outgoing links is that considered? For example,some of them display like 5 pics with captions undernieth them all linking to a site.Also,is it a bad idea to promote cam sites to any other niche besides amateur? Oh yeah,1 more question.When you guys review sites from the same person,what is considered enough of a change to distinguish it from the last free site they sent?Like,is it OK if I re use the same story text and link text as long as its not the exact same template?What becomes repetitive to you guys?I hope these questions make sense,I'm still working on my first cup of coffee
Star Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 02:33 PM   #2
Preacher
There's Xanax in my thurible!

Send a message via ICQ to Preacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Man
...How do you guys feel about those IFRAME and GEO targeted hosted banners from cam sites? Are we allowed to use them...
No.

You don't control the content, very few LL's would purposely list that.
Old 2006-07-05, 09:41 PM   #3
Star Man

Cool,thanks Preacher. As far as the other questions go,what do you guys think? Mr.Yum? Fonz? Id love to hear your opinions if you get a minute!
Old 2006-07-06, 12:28 AM   #4
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Completely agree with Preacher on the geo ads and iframes...those are a no go on pretty much all lists.

Cam sites 'can' be promoted for a lot of niches. How well they do is another story. I used to do very well with cam sites, but once the newness wore off...so did the sales numbers. However, I know there are others that still make good coin with cams. Not a really concise answer, but it's really one of those individual things. That said, I have a cams category and get cam site submissions to several different categories.

On the text issue, again...not a real concise answer for ya. But, I will say that it gets pretty damned old seeing the exact same text more than a few times. I've got a few submitters that use identical text over and over again. For one thing, it's a sure fire way to piss off the search engines. It doesn't take a heck of a lot to shake up the text, while re-using some of it.

I think your best bet is to treat text just like you do templates. Try to get a LOT of different sets of text and rotate it around with your templates. Personally, I have dozens of text blocks for multiple niches. When I do build free sites, I'm able to use chunks of text and text links without having any one site exactly duplicate a previous site. Hope that makes sense
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 02:35 AM   #5
Star Man

Quote:
Hope that makes sense
lol.Thanks Mr Yum