Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2015-08-02, 12:27 PM   #1
ecchi
Banned

02 August, Sunday - That Difficult Second Day Of The Month

Waaaaagh!
Last night I watched the last episode of the current season of Haven. Now I gotta wait until next year for the new (and probably final) season!

Also, I appear to be the only person working on this sunny weekend!

And I have just heard on the news (literally "just heard", it was announced while I was typing the last paragraph) that British 60's pop legend Cilla Black has just died.

Puppy News

You want to loose friends? Well if so, do what my friends did to me! Ask a friend to house sit and look after your dogs and cats for a few days, then just before you leave, when it is too late for them to back out, tell them that the puppy has a stomach upset and will be shitting liquid puppy poop everywhere while they are away. Then tell them that they have to make him eat medicine that he hates, twice a day after meals until he is better!

The medicine comes in a giant plastic tube with a plunger at one end and a nozzle at the other. It looks like a big tube of "no more nails" paste or bathroom sealant.

The idea is you grab the dog, force the nozzle into his mouth, and push the plunger a predetermined amount so that a measured quantity of the medicine (which also looks like "no more nails" paste, and has the same constituency) goes into the dog's mouth, right to the back where he has no choice but to swallow it.

Trouble is, judging by the puppy's reaction, it tastes like "no more nails" paste too! The trick is feed him, then the moment he finishes, grab him and pump the gunk into him! This morning he was too quick for me. He was out on the roof and running round the roof table. You try chasing a dog round a table. You have no chance. Particularly as we have often played this game in the past with a chew toy, and he now knows all my cheating tricks (stopping still so he comes to you, reversing direction, etc.).

Fortunately, as I said yesterday, he is obedient. Not obedient enough to come and take his medicine, but obedient enough to sit when I yell "sit" and stupid enough for me to be able to catch him while he is still trying to work out how to run away while remaining sitting!

His crap appears to be reasonably solid today, so I'll give him one last dose tonight then hopefully that will be the last.

Last edited by ecchi; 2015-08-02 at 12:30 PM..
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 03:24 PM   #2
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Just got home from a jazz fest.

Not really a fan of jazz and it was unbearably hot and humid with occasional thunder storms. It was nice hanging out with friends though, but vary happy to be back in the A/C.

No idea what I'm doing for the rest of the day.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 04:05 PM   #3
pc
Shift Out / X-On

Send a message via ICQ to pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post
Waaaaagh!
Last night I watched the last episode of the current season of Haven. Now I gotta wait until next year for the new (and probably final) season!

Also, I appear to be the only person working on this sunny weekend!

And I have just heard on the news (literally "just heard", it was announced while I was typing the last paragraph) that British 60's pop legend Cilla Black has just died.

Puppy News

You want to loose friends? Well if so, do what my friends did to me! Ask a friend to house sit and look after your dogs and cats for a few days, then just before you leave, when it is too late for them to back out, tell them that the puppy has a stomach upset and will be shitting liquid puppy poop everywhere while they are away. Then tell them that they have to make him eat medicine that he hates, twice a day after meals until he is better!

The medicine comes in a giant plastic tube with a plunger at one end and a nozzle at the other. It looks like a big tube of "no more nails" paste or bathroom sealant.

The idea is you grab the dog, force the nozzle into his mouth, and push the plunger a predetermined amount so that a measured quantity of the medicine (which also looks like "no more nails" paste, and has the same constituency) goes into the dog's mouth, right to the back where he has no choice but to swallow it.

Trouble is, judging by the puppy's reaction, it tastes like "no more nails" paste too! The trick is feed him, then the moment he finishes, grab him and pump the gunk into him! This morning he was too quick for me. He was out on the roof and running round the roof table. You try chasing a dog round a table. You have no chance. Particularly as we have often played this game in the past with a chew toy, and he now knows all my cheating tricks (stopping still so he comes to you, reversing direction, etc.).

Fortunately, as I said yesterday, he is obedient. Not obedient enough to come and take his medicine, but obedient enough to sit when I yell "sit" and stupid enough for me to be able to catch him while he is still trying to work out how to run away while remaining sitting!

His crap appears to be reasonably solid today, so I'll give him one last dose tonight then hopefully that will be the last.
If it weren't fot your friends then there would be no "Puppy News".
I like it. There's no yawning at crappy sales, there's no shit google etc etc just pure animal with very simple needs. You should gather all your "Puppy News" stories and make a blog. Decinitely a hit.
pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 08:36 AM   #4
tadpole
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Send a message via ICQ to tadpole
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc View Post
If it weren't fot your friends then there would be no "Puppy News".
I like it. There's no yawning at crappy sales, there's no shit google etc etc just pure animal with very simple needs. You should gather all your "Puppy News" stories and make a blog. Decinitely a hit.
I agree. I enjoy 'Puppy News' and look forward to it. "Grumpy Cat" I believe has made his/her owners millionaires. |cash_bag_emoji
Old 2015-08-06, 02:17 AM   #5
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
I agree. I enjoy 'Puppy News' and look forward to it. "Grumpy Cat" I believe has made his/her owners millionaires. |cash_bag_emoji
So when do I get my million?
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 11:56 AM   #6
MeatPounder
Women might be able to fake orgasms But men can fake whole relationships

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post
So when do I get my million?
When your puppy news has 521,000 followers on Instagram and 255,000 on Twitter
MeatPounder is offline   Reply With Quote