Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-07-11, 01:35 PM   #1
jediofthefeet
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Webcam How To Question

I am about to get a few of my girls to do web cam shows of their own, and letting them do them on Yahoo.

I have a camcorder, and know I need to download Yahoo Messenger. Is there anything else I need, such as a converter or special drivers?
jediofthefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 09:06 PM   #2
juggernaut

Location: Central Jersey! If I was rich and powerful I would dress as my avatar does.
Send a message via Yahoo to juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediofthefeet
I am about to get a few of my girls to do web cam shows of their own, and letting them do them on Yahoo.

I have a camcorder, and know I need to download Yahoo Messenger. Is there anything else I need, such as a converter or special drivers?
Your camcorder may not work with yahoo. Most of the instant messenger programs are not really designed for highend dv cams etc. Besides some of the usb cams are very very good and I would not take my $1200 DV cam and have it tossed around a room durring shows (and yes it will be tossed around, moved up and down, left right sideways and which ever else the viewer wants to see.) Remote cams are also nice but pricey and wont work well with yahoo. I have a $1000 remote cam collecting dust as it's so highend all it does is lock up yahoo and crash the system. It might be easier just to go out an buy a new cam. Phillips currently makes the best one.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...era_Pixel_Plus

They have a low light feature that as far as I have seen is unmatched by any other cam. Alot of home star gazers have been using it for motion capture of stars. Wife bought one, we turned out the lights and turned on the cam. It was as thou she had the lights on in the room. Not that it's a great function to have as most shows are done with lights. But lighting is your most important thing. My wife has taken cam shots that rival SLR's in lighting quality. Posing for your shots is important, try to make them as nice,hot as you can without giving away to much. As far as letting your girls do yahoo shows. I would recommend against it. It was a big thing about a year ago, but most of the girls will just take your hard earned traffic and push them to pay them directly. Cutting you out of the $$. Not good.

Last edited by juggernaut; 2006-07-11 at 09:08 PM..
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 08:46 PM   #3
JohnWebcams.com
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Send a message via ICQ to JohnWebcams.com
You should just use a cheap webcam for Yahoo.. it looks more real, anway. A logitech quickcam works fine.

$42+ PPS / ICQ: 476-111
JohnWebcams.com is offline   Reply With Quote