Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2016-06-14, 11:10 AM   #1
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Sleepy It's Tuesday. Hopefully the rest of the month will be better. 20160614

Two people that I know tried to comment suicide yesterday and one of them is dead. Two separate attempts, one with pills and one cut their wrists. Pill one is dead.

Trying to get out of this funk at all that has happened. The news out of Orlando Florida is just horrific.

Working right now and then going to the gym to hopefully de-stress and work off this funk.

Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 03:56 AM   #2
ecchi
Banned

My sympathies to you Cleo.

My day was spent mostly without electricity as they were re-rigging the street lighting and had to cut us off for most of the day. Amazing how much of what I do requires electricity. But my friends who own the puppy had a day at Royal Ascot (horse racing) so I spent much of the time with the puppy. You don't need electricity to walk a dog!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 07:36 AM   #3
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
That sucks Cleo! To see young people take their own lives is shattering. The nightclub situation is extremely sad. People here don't understand how it happens - that a person can buy those weapons legally. Yet, no legislation will prevent a determined, twisted person from harming another.
Old 2016-06-15, 12:28 PM   #4
CD Smith
The one and only at your service

Send a message via ICQ to CD Smith
Jeez-Louweez, that's... that's... I'm not sure what the correct word is here... insane? Crazy? Tragic?

No one I know has committed suicide lately. One of my long-time website clients died of cancer over the winter, I just found out about it last week. (I was sort of busy with a near-2 month hospital stay recently and thus was a tad out of touch).

The only person I used to know many years ago who always talked about killing himself is now a cop, has been a cop for 20+ years in fact and is their poster boy for TV news reporting when the police here have something to say to the public. Life sure is uncanny sometimes.

I guess he finally discovered what the rest of us already knew --- suicide isn't the answer.

CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote