Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > I'm Looking For.......
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-07-19, 11:00 PM   #1
Smutferret
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you

Send a message via ICQ to Smutferret
Looking for BDSM Adult Store Sponsors

The sponsor I've been using for the last few years has yanked my chain once too often and now I feel the need to move on...

Not looking for general adult store sponsors that offer a fetish/bdsm storefront but actual bdsm stores like JT's Stockroom and Extreme Restraints. I'd also like the affiliate cut to be no lower than 15%.

Thanks,
SF
Smutferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 09:20 AM   #2
2mmy
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you

Send a message via ICQ to 2mmy
You already mentioned the ones i know of
2mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 11:39 PM   #3
Smutferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mmy View Post
You already mentioned the ones i know of
I know of a couple more including the one I've been using but I'm really hoping that someone knows of some others...

JT's and ER only offer a starting cut of 10%...I would probably overlook that with JT's but I'm not crazy about their Terms of Use...One problem is that not all items sold produce a commission for the affiliate...I just don't see that as acceptable.

Regards,
SF
Old 2008-07-22, 07:53 AM   #4
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
I'd like to know about some others too. I don't like the commission levels on either of them, and while I don't like how JT's excludes some items from affiliate commissions (the 'hard to find items' particularly), this one clause in the ER's T&C bothers me more:

• Referrals must be NEW to XR, LLC sites. If you refer someone who has already been referred by another affiliate, you will not receive credit if they purchase.

I really need to remember to get them to clarify that one.

:|
Old 2008-07-22, 03:10 PM   #5
2mmy

hmm didnt know that about them - guess i am looking for a new shop as well then.. there must be something better out there
Old 2008-07-23, 04:38 PM   #6
Smutferret

I found one called BDSM Store...doesn't seem quite as top notch but it does offer 20% commissions. I signed up to check things out but haven't been approved yet.

The sponsor I've been using is comparable with JT's and ER and has converted very well for me over the last few years...My problems with them have been mostly minor but I haven't received last month's check and I wasn't getting a reply by email so I stopped sending traffic...I now have a reply so maybe things will work out. I'd still like to find other sponsors though...

If you guys want to know which Sponsor I've been using, feel free to send me a PM...They offer a 15% commission.

Regards,
SF
Old 2008-07-28, 05:55 PM   #7
JamesXR
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Send a message via ICQ to JamesXR
eXtremeRestraints here

Hey, how's it goin'? I just got back from vacation and caught this on boardtracker. So here I am. If someone wants some extremeRestraints answers, I'll gladly hand them out.
Get in touch with me if you have any questions. My icq is 357142337.
So here's some details on our program: We don't have products you don't get paid on. Sometimes we don't make a lot of money when you buy certain products, but we just stomach that. Our payout is not the same as JT's they pay 10% on everything up to $3500 and 20% on everything over. So for $4000 in sales you get paid $400 with them. With extreme you get paid 20% on everything when you break the limit, so you get $800 on $4000 of sales.
We also don't make customers sign up for an account before they can get to the end of the checkout process because that causes people like myself of abandon carts.
The little thing about needing to be a new customer, let me explain. We've got a 24 hour cookie to track affiliate traffic. We also have a 24 hour organic cookie. So if customers visit extremerestraints.com first in those 24 hours, then visit your site, return, and make a sale, our organic cookie kicked your affiliate cookie to the curb and you didn't get paid. Conversely, if some enters our site through your affiliate link, then goes to google to see if there's a better deal and returns organically your affiliate cookie prevails and you get the sale. As for the reason behind 24 hour cookies, there are a lot of sites pointing to us, and since the first affiliate cookie stomps all other cookie stomps all others, it increases the likelihood that when you send us a customer you'll actually get credit for it.

We're trying really hard to be the best over here. We add over 30 new products every month and constantly striving to improve conversions. You can deep link or send people straight to our front page which is optimized to get people to the products they want.

We also have a sweet anonymous wish listing feature so you can have people send you products without knowing where you live, and get paid on those products, like so: http://www.extremerestraints.com/wis...2&a=profounder

If anyone wants to do some business I'd be glad to help.
JamesXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 07:41 PM   #8
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Send a message via ICQ to Pagan
I am always looking for great new toys... er.. toystores.

I have been a very happy customer of BSDM Toybox over the years and find Autumn to be great. I am not sure on the dollars, or commission. Selection and service are the most important things to me. I bet she would be willing to work out something special, depending on traffic.
Old 2008-07-30, 03:22 AM   #9
Smutferret

Hi JamesXR,

Thanks for posting and clearing things up some for us... I might be interested in giving ER a shot. Do you guys offer direct to product or category linking? Is it okay to use our own honest, non-blind text links? Is SE marketing allowed?

Thanks again for posting.

Regards,
SF
Old 2008-07-30, 03:24 AM   #10
Smutferret

Hi Pagan,

Sent you a PM
Old 2008-07-30, 06:25 AM   #11
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
Quote:
As for the reason behind 24 hour cookies, there are a lot of sites pointing to us, and since the first affiliate cookie stomps all other cookie stomps all others, it increases the likelihood that when you send us a customer you'll actually get credit for it.
I guess I'm one of those who doesn't understand this. The usual practice with most sponsors (including many who can say there are "a lot of sites pointing to us" ) is that the latest cookie replaces any cookie that was there before. That allows sponsors to use very long cookies expiration times instead of giving affiliates only one day of protection over the value of our traffic. The way you're doing it now, if we send you a surfer who likes what he sees but doesn't wind up placing his order for 25 hours, we don't get any credit for having sent him to you in the first place.

That's right isn't it... once 24 hours have passed the surfer becomes yours with no payment due to the referring webmaster?
Old 2008-07-30, 04:18 PM   #12
Smutferret

After rereading everything with a clearer (somewhat anyway) mind...

Yeah, what Simon said.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:31 AM   #13
2mmy

Anybody found someone else then ER and JT? I am needing one more badly
Old 2008-10-28, 06:58 PM   #14
Smutferret

Nothing worth speaking of...I'm still looking though...

Last year at this time I would have highly recommended BDSM Toy box/Sub Shop but that turned to crap. Seems like there should be more out there but damned if I've been able to find a good one. I've found lots of little lifestyle shops but nothing with an affiliate program. I didn't have any luck with BDSM Store which was sad since they offer 20% commissions...

Anyway, still looking...if I find something good I will post it here...

Regards,
SF