Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-02-21, 03:38 AM   #1
biftek
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

well bettter education can mean many things , could mean to read the fine print , could mean to check the jobsearch alot more often , could mean networking with others to find better positions, can also mean to know their rights , education is no just grades on a piece of paper

the workers can use there collective labor power , all they need to do is form together and call a mass strike , at the end of the day the workers have the power to run the company , without them the store would turn to shit , sure they can fire the lot of them but that takes time and money

if the workers can hold off long enough with no source of income they can change things

walmart and the like use the same tactic when they are bargaining better deals , they walk in with there power and money saying we want this at X price or we will take our business elsewhere( ok might be more to it then take ,but you get the idea)

most established unions are crap anyway

i don't know abou others but with my jobs
I have always had the right to pick and choose where, when and for how much I work.
I make the decision at interview time whether or not I work for someone.
At no stage am I over a barrel to take the job, but if I do I'd better be prepared to accept the wages and conditions on offer or go elsewhere.
If the potential employer can't see the value I possess and be prepered to pay for it, then they're not worth working for - simply walk away.

Last edited by biftek; 2006-02-21 at 03:53 AM..
biftek is offline   Reply With Quote