Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-06-20, 06:17 AM   #1
GunnCat
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to GunnCat
Question wtf@eBay?

I was checking out auctions on eBay and they have an entire adult section? So what gives with Paypal not processing adult business transactions? Just a little hypocritical no?
GunnCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-20, 08:51 AM   #2
terry

Send a message via ICQ to terry
I agree with you there. I listed an adult item a couple of months ago and was told that I could not accept PayPal as a payment option. They made me change the listing. I did and sold the item. I accepted PayPal from the buyer and marked the transaction as complete, thank you very much. They didn't have a problem with it. I guess certain things they let pass, cause after all, money is money. The seem to have only targetted people or companies doing larger transactions, or more frequent? I really dont know, but I just think its a huge loss for them. What caused them to make this decision, was it the risk, chargebacks, pressure from their bank???
terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-20, 08:54 AM   #3
Toby
Lonewolf Internet Sales

Send a message via ICQ to Toby
It's really pretty simple, PayPal has to keep the powers that be at Visa happy, eBay does not.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-20, 08:55 AM   #4
terry

Send a message via ICQ to terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby
It's really pretty simple, PayPal has to keep the powers that be at Visa happy, eBay does not.
That's true. I was thinking of it as one entity. Duh!
terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-20, 11:19 AM   #5
tiny
Hello, is this President Clinton? Good! I figured if anyone knew where to get some tang it would be you

Its a joke being that ebay bought Paypal yrs ago.Then Paypal adopted the no adult transaction crap and really enforced it when they want so yeah little transaction can go unnoticed.Ebay at times would send the bidder instructions to pay via Paypal.Got tired of that game and we've moved on haha
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-20, 03:18 PM   #6
SlickRick
I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is -- and it's me

Send a message via ICQ to SlickRick Send a message via AIM to SlickRick
ebay owns paypal.

which means they can get paid for listing but they dont want others to exchange funds.
SlickRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-20, 05:24 PM   #7
GenXer
Are you sure this is the Sci-Fi Convention? It's full of nerds!

Yep Paypal sucks and I hate using it. The only time I ever use it is if a seller has something i just really want, and they'll ONLY take paypal. With Google's announcement that they may try to come up with a new payment processing system to rival Paypal, I am crossing my fingers on a much better business model that what Paypal has. Paypal is starting to turn into a big fat monopoly and they are well known for not processing adult and for also freezing people's accounts without any provocation. (I'm not saying that some people don't deserve to get their accounts frozen, some probably do for fraud). Sounds to me like they need some healthy competition to boost their customer service and other parts of their business.