Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-01-08, 05:41 PM   #1
lezinterracial
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

Good way to get stories for my website?

Best way to get stories for my website?
lezinterracial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 04:46 AM   #2
ecchi
Banned

Offer the writers free links to their site/book. For example if you follow my sig and go through to the company that processes the payments, you will see that they handle the books of loads of publishers and single authors, and cover most niches. Some of those authors would be prepared to submit short stories in exchange for being able to end the story with an ad along the lines "Written by ----- who also penned the novel ----. Click here to get a copy of his/her book".

I know that at least two of the authors I publish would be happy to do that, however I mostly publish BDSM and femdom, so that's no use if you are concentrating on lesbian/interracial.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 12:58 PM   #3
lezinterracial
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

Thanks ecchi! I notice alot of the stories I see online have an e-mail address. I may write them and ask.
Old 2013-01-09, 06:59 PM   #4
Maj. Stress
Progress rarely comes in buckets, it normally comes in teaspoons

Most of the stories I have had in my collection or have seen are all written in similar fashion. I had much better results writing my own. It's not hard, just let your fantasies run wild and type like hell. Go back and fix typo's etc when finished. It will be unique content for the spiders and readers. win win all the way.
Maj. Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 11:26 PM   #5
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezinterracial View Post
Thanks ecchi! I notice alot of the stories I see online have an e-mail address. I may write them and ask.
It just crossed my mind. I used to post short stories ans book extracts by the authors I represent on newsgroups, to drum up interest in their work. At the time I noticed that several other authors did the same thing. It may be worth your while surfing the newsgroups to look for authors.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 11:38 PM   #6
lezinterracial

Thanks Maj. Stress. I have written a few, They kind of stink right now. But I am going to keep at it. I may post a story or 2 on freeones and see if I can get some constructive feedback.

Thanks again ecchi. I went to an archive site that had a bunch of stories that I like. They have the author's address and a BDSM yahoo group listed. Should be plenty of authors there.