Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2016-02-28, 12:53 AM   #1
pm2000
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

social media

i have been trying ge into the social media game for a while now, do you guys have any advise
Old 2016-02-28, 07:59 AM   #2
ecchi
Banned

Just do it! I cannot understand the words "trying" and "for a while now" when used as you did: "I have been trying get into the social media game for a while now." Simply go to Facebook and Twitter and sign up. Learn as you go along. There is no substitute for either experience or "trial and error" when learning something new.

I do find that Facebook is easier to build up an audience than Twitter, but that may be because I am older, and Facebook has a more mature audience than Twitter.

A few very important rules to success (that I have found) on Facebook are:
  • Post often. No one will hang around for rare posts unless you are a famous celebrity
  • Don't post too often. Nothing causes people to unfriend and unfollow faster than too many posts in too short a time.
  • Make your spam posts look like they are not spam posts. Be interesting in them.
  • Even if you manage the last point perfectly, still ensure that spam posts are in the minority. You want a maximum of one sales post to two that are general interest, if you want lots of followers. (Although this may not be the same if you are using the site as a free hosted TGP).
I have found two methods to get follower/likes/etc. on Facebook, but wait until you have plenty of good content or it will be a waste of time:
  1. "Like" and "re-post" other people's stuff if it is appropriate to your own page.
  2. You can pay to "boost posts". If you use this for good posts that are not adverts or spam, this can bring you a lot of followers.
Note that both Facebook and Twitter are picture orientated. A photo/drawing will be looked at by at least ten times as many people as read the text. People will "like" a good picture without even glancing at your actual text post, so use lots of subject appropriate pictures.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote